Movie Inside Out - hormonal pregnancy meltdown!

CandiceSj

Reaction score
I watched the movie last weekend with my husband and kids... and there's a theme that has been coming up for me for months... about how our memories fade with time and moments that were the present become the past and just... fade... and we can never re-live them! In fact, we might not be able to properly remember them.

This isn't what the movie is about as a whole, but it was shown and it really got me. I was emotionally throughout, watching it with my 8 year old... She's grown up so much from the baby I held in my arms... Who had her first steps, first words, who was a goofy toddler, who had tantrums at the store, who welcomed her little brother with so much undescribable love! Etc. etc.

It was funny, it was touching... And at the end of the movie I decided to tell my husband what I thought about it and when I got to the part that had me emotional, I just started crying and couldn't stop for probably 10 minutes in his arms!!!

Who else has seen it?

O my.. you sound just like me!! Not with that movie cause I haven't seen it but even with just sentimental commercials or a song.. I cry and sometimes don't even know why I'm crying haha..

I had to pull over because of a roadkill squirrel. I got it in my head that it was baby roadkill and then started crying on the freeway.

It was a great movie, I cried a bit too! Looking forward to watching it with my baby when she is old enough :)

Oh it's such a sweet film. I've seen it twice. So emotional and touching.

Omg, I am an emotional wreck with movies. When I was pregnant with my DD, I went to see Frozen in theaters and during the part where Elsa shuts Anna out and she's signing "do you want to build a snowman?" and then their parents die, I was sobbing. And praying no one noticed haha.

Then recently we went to see Hotel Transylvania 2 in theaters and I got really choked up at the end when the kids are being attacked by the monster thing, I started crying. Why is it animated movies with me?!

:hugs: I've not seen it, but I'm the same at the moment emotions all over the place. I was crying at Harry Potter yesterday :blush:

I cried three times during that movie! My three year old wasn't bothered. Lol

Omg, I am an emotional wreck with movies. When I was pregnant with my DD, I went to see Frozen in theaters and during the part where Elsa shuts Anna out and she's signing "do you want to build a snowman?" and then their parents die, I was sobbing. And praying no one noticed haha.

Then recently we went to see Hotel Transylvania 2 in theaters and I got really choked up at the end when the kids are being attacked by the monster thing, I started crying. Why is it animated movies with me?!

It's really emotional when Anna is singing that song... she's losing her sister who she was so close with and then paf, it's as though she has no one left :'(

I need to see Hotel Transylvania, I haven't even seen the first! I think the kids would love to go see the 2nd one but I should start by watching the first before bringing them (though they've seen it)

I cried three times during that movie! My three year old wasn't bothered. Lol

A bit too young to understand at that age. My nearly 4 year old watched half with me and then got up and went to bed silently (matress was right there in the cinema room for him that day).

My 8 year old daughter cried at one part, we were hanging on to each other at key moments, it didn't help my emotions!

O my.. you sound just like me!! Not with that movie cause I haven't seen it but even with just sentimental commercials or a song.. I cry and sometimes don't even know why I'm crying haha..

I would cry during Tim Hortons commercials even without being pregnant. I haven't seen any of their "touching" commercials recently thank goodness!

And I boohoo'ed all the way through southpaw... I literally couldn't stop crying... cried all the way.. I was a bit embarrassed, I think I was the only one bawling haha

Well I haven't seen the movie but just reading your post made me want to cry. Anything like that is a trigger for me. I can't even go through my sons old clothes right now. I saw a newborn onesie when we were organizing storage and i almost lost it. Time goes by so fast.

What a lovely thought provoking post it made me cry!

Yup. I saw this movie earlier in my pregnancy and spent probably the last 20 minutes quietly sobbing. :cry:

We went to the drive in and saw Inside Out and Jurassic World...and when it was over my 18 year old brother says, "Well that was sad. Let's watch dinosaurs eat people now... That should be happier than what we just watched!"

I watch these daily vloggers on youtube and the woman just had their second little boy a few days ago. When they showed their son who is about the same age as my son holding his new little brother I started sobbing so much that my husband actually thought something was wrong. I am so excited to bring another little boy into this world and for my son and him to bond that it was just so emotional for me.

Yup. I saw this movie earlier in my pregnancy and spent probably the last 20 minutes quietly sobbing. :cry:

We went to the drive in and saw Inside Out and Jurassic World...and when it was over my 18 year old brother says, "Well that was sad. Let's watch dinosaurs eat people now... That should be happier than what we just watched!"

Hahahahaha

I saw it in theaters and bawled my eyes out through the whole thing. Lol. I have been much more emotional about kids growing up and their memories and all of that since becoming a parent, and that movie was just too much for me! Haha

I've also seen it, took my little sister..found it really emotional! It's a great film, I enjoyed it more than her :winkwink:

Well I haven't seen the movie but just reading your post made me want to cry. Anything like that is a trigger for me. I can't even go through my sons old clothes right now. I saw a newborn onesie when we were organizing storage and i almost lost it. Time goes by so fast.

All it took was you mentioning newborn onesie and my eyes started watering. I'll cry at anything these days. Doesn't even have to sad or emotional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->