Movin' On!

SpencerB

Reaction score
I was recently relocated for my work. I got a Buyers Agent (Really helpful, but that's not the point) The point is, that on their website is a list of tips. "What kind of tips?" you may ask. Well, they were really helpful for me in understanding why my kids were having such a hard time dealing with the move. I had just dismissed it as they were comfortable here and that when they moved they would be comfortable there too. However, these tips explained that kids need closure. They need to be able to say goodbye to friends, neighbors, teachers, etc. My wife helped to gather addresses (for the kids who can write) and phone numbers. My wife also suggested we try one of the tips that said to let the kids pack their own stuff. I went ahead and let them write on their own boxes and put in their own stuff. When we got here i let them take their boxes to their room and unpack their stuff. The atmosphere before the move was a drastic turn for the better, and once we arrived there wasn't as much stress as I feared there would be.

It was great advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"