Moving abroad for a year with kids-would you?

Yep, we're expats :) originally from UK DD was born in Paris in September and we now live in singapore. It's hard being away from family and friends but we make full use if Skype and FaceTime!!

A lot of army families do this constantly! So in the past I have done. Moved to Germany when my son was 2.
Depending on age, I would talk to ur child. My plan was to wait till zane was 8 and ask him if he wanted to keep moving or stay put.

Only you know what's best for your family, children can easily get used to change, they deal with it a lot better then adults

Absolutely. It can be an amazing experience!

We had the opportunity just before we got pregnant with DS, when DD was just turned 2. It was going to America - indefinitely rather than a year. I couldn't face being without our families and support network so for us it was a no (previous to kids I'd have jumped at it). But my aunt went to Canada for her husband's job for a year when their eldest was 2 and before they had anymore kids - I know they really loved it. It's very much a personal decision.

God I'm such a wuss!

I'm sh*tting myself moving 10 mins from my current home let alone all of you moving abroad!
I really need some bigger balls:haha:

Yes amazing opportunity if hubby's job was safe :)

No way.
My family and friends are all here. My support network is less than a 5 min drive away. I don't know if I would even cope with a massive time difference to consider before I could even call for a quick chat!

100% without a doubt, me and FOB were going to do it before we split up and its the only reason I'm sad about our breakup! Definitely go for it, what an amazing experience :)

I definitely would, but I'm a travel addict and would love nothing more than to expose my daughter to different parts of the world.

I've already moved her to a different part of the country so I could complete my education degree. We also stayed in California for a couple months when she was newborn (originally we're from Canada.)

I'm considering taking a well-paid teaching job in either Hong Kong or UAE after I'm done - so we would move there for a year or two.

Before becoming a mom, I lived abroad quite a bit - Korea, Australia, Mexico, France. So while it may be a new country, living away from 'home' wouldn't be new to me at all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->