moving area when on SMP?

sueh81

Mummy to 1 & 1 on the way
Reaction score
We both currently live in Hertfordshire but are planning on moving back to the west midlands after christmas which is when i'll still be getting my SMP.

does this mean that my maternity pay will stop as we are moving 100 miles away from my current employer? I'm guessing so as there is no way I could still be classed as employed by them but just wanted to check with you lovely ladies xx

I moved to the other end of the country when I was still on SMP-I got paid it until the normal time it should have ended..You don't have to tell your employer if you plan on going back to work,so I would just hand your notice in at the end of your maternity leave.xx

I moved to the other end of the country when I was still on SMP-I got paid it until the normal time it should have ended..You don't have to tell your employer if you plan on going back to work,so I would just hand your notice in at the end of your maternity leave.xx

it will state your notice period in your contract usually 4 weeks but may be longer.

You will have to let them know in advance, not right at the end!
x

Yeah sorry thats what I meant :haha:obviously you have to give them the correct notice :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->