Moving from follow on milk to toddler milk.

sophieee18

Reaction score
Alfie has always drunk formula milk. He started on Aptamil 1, then Aptamil colic, then Aptamil follow on, and now this last week I've put him on to Aptamil 1 yr+.

Since drinking this milk he has become a RUBBISH sleeper! Has anyone else experience this? He will wake at least once every hour during the night :sleep: .
At first I thought it was teething as he has just cut his molars but I can't see any more teeth looking ready to cut and he's not giving any other signs.

Do you think it could be the milk? Should I try cows milk? :shrug:

Thanks in advance. :hugs:

Hi hun, toddlers milk is more filling than cow milk, but you can give it a try & see how it goes. I think there is some sort of a sleep regression at 1 year & it could be the reason why he's waking up at night. You can try to offer him a small solid before his bedtime milk & see how it goes.

I agree hun, I think its more an age thing.

My LO went through a horrible sleep stage when he turned 1, took a few weeks but we're back on track now.

I would agree with nmwb78, try a little snack as well, he may just be getting a bigger appetite.

xx

My midwife said that the 1+ toddler milk is a complete waste of money and they get far more from full fat cows milk then they do from the follow on milk. They advertise it as being needed and having this much goodness but the product is completely misadvertised. Id try with normal cows milk but also bear in mind it may be a growth spurt or just a phase that will pass, try a snack just before bed to top him up even like a fruit pot or yoghurt, breadstick anything really

I tried Tom on the Aptimal toddler milk when I 1st moved him over and it upset his tummy really badly. He's fine on SMA, Cow & Gate or Hipp Organic just Aptimal didn't agree with him.

If the only change is him waking up more then its probably not the milk.

Tom has a bottle and a half of toddler milk a day now - I can't get him to drink cow's milk at home despite him having it at nursery!

I have just moved my LO onto Aptamil Toddler milk and OMG he will NOT sleep! Honestly, from abouut 5 months he went to bed at 7pm, asleep by 7.10 and that was him until morning. However, for the past week since changing his milk we cannot get him to settle. He will lie in his cot talking and moaning for hours!
Its driving me insane. Im considering going back to Stage 3 milk because I cant handle this anymore.

We didn't use toddler milk, just went directly onto full fat milk. It took a few weeks of getting used to it but now there is no difference. Much cheaper too!

I agree it's probably an age thing too.
Only thing I can think of that might be connected to the milk is that toddler milk is very sweet due to added fructose, will naturally contain lactose, vanilla flavoring and also additives like maltodextrin to make it even more sweeter so it might cause issues with blood sugar crashing at night possibly. Only a theory though.
I would just go with regular cows milk and fortified foods/a vitamin supplement if you're worried about nutrition (and you can get LO to drink cows milk). Hope things improve :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->