Moving into different room

Leanna5813

Reaction score
I am due in two months for my daughter and our 1 year old still sleeps in our room in his crib. He will not go to sleep on his own, and we don't really find it necessary to push the issue. We lay with him in our bed until he falls asleep then move him into his crib where he sleep a good 8-9 hours before waking up to nurse and either he stays awake for the day or falls back asleep in our bed with us for another hour or two. We plan on continuing to lay him in our bed with us to sleep, then moving him to his crib in his own room. I'm just worried that waking up and not being able to see us first thing in the morning will be hard on him emotionally. We plan on getting baby monitors so when he cries for his morning nursing I will hear him right off. Is there any way to slowly transition him into his own room without upsetting him or making him feel abandoned? He is very attached to us and already shows signs of jealously sometimes when I talk to him about his sister. I don't want to upset him but also don't have much time left to get him into his own room. Advice?

Where does he nap? I'd start either settling him in his own room for his nap or moving him there once he's asleep so when he wakes up it's light and he'll be able to see where he is. Then when he's okay with that try it at night. I'd use a night light so it's not pitch black if he wakes up.

He naps on our bed. We just check on him often during naps. We have a nightlight in our room for nights that we could put in his room.

Are you saying do naps in his crib in his room at first and nights in our room until he is used to his own room?

That's what I'd do, and did whenever we moved LO to a new bed e.g. when she went from our bed to a toddler bed in our room, then when we moved the toddler bed into the kids' room. Worked really well and only took a couple of days before she was happy waking up in her room. Suppose that depends how easily you can move his crib to his room for daytime naps though, if you still want it in your room at night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->