Moving on from baby porridge.

babymad

Reaction score
My little boy now happily eats baby porridge which I make mixed in with milk. I had a sample sachet of fruity porridge and am now on a box of apple and banana flavour. He has 2-3 spoons in the morning and then then same again in the evening but just slightly less. He has 5oz bottles as usual as he's never been a big drinker

I want to move to the next stage now so would that be trying individual vegetables and fruits. I'm thinking of starting on carrots first, then apples and then broccoli. I guess the thing I'm not to sure of is how often should I introduce something new.

Will my baby get bored of the cereal? Should I mix up two varieties? I've moved to the 6 month + milk as his diet isn't that varied yet and I think he could use the extra iron.

I'm back at work now so I need to prepare in advance. Just feel really overwhelmed by it all and don't know where to begin really.

What i would do for now is maybe keep the cereal to breakfast, then swap the evening dinner to veggie puree's, or you could keep cereal at both meals and now introduce a 3rd meal, so veggies for lunch? I would introduce one new veggie 5 days to a week personally, then once he's had them on his own and you know he isnt allergic and likes them then start combining them

Just puree a batch up, stick them in the freezer and defrost as and when you need them

Hope that helps a little :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->