Moving to Manchester...Any Manchester mummy’s?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Hi all...

I really need some advice please!

I am supposed to be moving to Manchester in the next few weeks but I think I have had very mixed reviews on the location I have chosen (sadly more bad than good )

I have secured a property in Eccles as I fell in love with a house there but I have been told it is a not very safe place to live in. I did a search on the internet and I think they may be right!!!! Could you please give your honest opinion please? I have a job in Eccles hence I am moving there but would happily move elsewhere that is within travelling distance? Mine and my kids safety is my priority.

Any areas that you recommend would be great to hear too.

It’s funny, years on i still turn to bnb for support

I dont live in manchester, i live about 25mins away. I have a friend that lives in Eccles and Ive never heard her mention any bother but I could be wrong.

I think any area had its trouble no matter where you go. Id say perhaps join local fb groups and ask opinions on your particular street/estate rather than Eccles in general as people are always bound to have an opinion. Ask about to see if the street is quiet, good for kids etc etc Im sure it will be fine. Good luck!

I agree every single area has its problems ! I think long as your immediate neighbours are friendly etc , you have good local amenities and transport links you should be fine !

I agree with Smiley about finding out information on a particular area . Good luck !

Agree also! Even though not from Manchester, I'm from south Wales, my little welsh town has everything from council estates to estates with houses worth a very very lot of money, I also know some of the nicest people in these council estates and some of the biggest assholes in the nicer areas where I live so its definitely not make a judgement until you know for certain lol So its definitely worth doing some research to the areas and maybe asking a few more locals just to be sure :)

I've also been to eccles, I had friends that lived there and visited them back when was 16, they said it's a crazy place in some areas, but when I visited I didn't see anything bad going on at all! Except for the fact I wasnt allowed on a bus because I was Welsh.... but that's another story :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->