Moving towns during pregnancy

emma_cantwait

TTC first little bubba
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My boyfriend and I both work in London and we recently moved here as well as we were getting fed up of the commute where we were, and also I felt too far away from my family (London is a bit closer!) We’re only renting for a while and have a rolling lease so can basically leave whenever we like as long as we give the landlord 2 months notice. I think we will probably stay here and make the most of the London life until we find out I’m pregnant (will be TTC in about a months time….), then we’ll move further out again, probably to somewhere in Hertfordshire, 1) because obviously we can get much bigger places for our money and 2) I’d like to settle somewhere that I know we will stay in so I can make local friends, and I know we wouldn’t stay in London forever.

My question is – say we find out I’m pregnant while we are still in London (most likely will be), I’ll need to go the doctor here (although I haven’t even registered with one yet!) and lets say I have my first scan in London. What happens when we move out of London – I’ll need to find a new doctor and hospital and midwife I guess? Sorry it seems like a stupid question now I’m actually writing it but I’ve always just thought you kind of get a midwife assigned to you right from the start and you stick with them!?! :wacko:

When my friend moved away, she registered with a Doctor straightaway, and made an appt to see him, and all her notes were transferred to where she lived, and the new hospital sent her an appointment almost straight away to be seen for scan/midwife ect.

Hope it helps. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->