MS with a vengeance....

rosegarden620

Reaction score
I'm miserable.

Morning sickness hit yesterday and today its been practically all day. Prior to yesterday my nausea was intermittent and some days non existent. My biggest thing was extreme starvation and if I didn't eat I would get sick but I could put away a turkey dinner without even thinking twice about it, DH was feeding my like a biker and joking about how he couldn't keep me full...now I can barely look at food. I've had my head in the toilet multiple times dry heaving and not actually throwing up. If its not nausea its heartburn and both are so bad they ultimately leave me feeling like I want to throw up. I couldn't even brush my teeth without my stomach turning so hard I had to kick DH out of the bathroom because I didn't want him to see me gagging my brains out.

With both my daughters the nausea was always there, lingering all day with few episodes of actually throwing up. This lasted until 12 weeks. If I wasn't pregnant I would have my finger in my throat so fast to get rid of that nausea. But I AM pregnant and I know how important it is to keep my nutrients down. I'm JUST managing. I work as a nurse and so if I keep it moving its almost ok....theres just an underlying nausea at all times. I am always belching and most of the time I feel like all I have to do is think about how I feel and throw up.

This morning is the first time my body tried to vomit but nothing came up bc it was morning and I hadn't eaten. At my appt today I was prescribed zofran but I almost feel like it didn't work when I took my first pill.

I know its not HG, but god, do I feel terrible. Dh is so accommodating and I haven't had to cook, clean or do anything once I am home, for the last 4 weeks. So I get that break. My 8 year old asked me yesterday how I was feeling and I said "sick" and she literally just looked me dead in the eyes and said "as long as it means that the baby is healthy, you'll be alright".

I know she's right....but god.

I eat bc if I don't Ill get sicker. and I know, after reading the HG post, how LUCKY I am... but.... i still feel pretty shitty.

Can anyone relate??

This heartburn is all day....it has to be all day bc sometimes the only thing that surpasses the nausea is the heartburn.

:nope:

Bad morning sickness is miserable in its own right. I tell you, there are many days I curse Eve for eating that damned apple.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

I suck on mint polos pretty much all day, even when the sicky feeling has passed. I've been doing it since early on because it's the only thing that seemed to help xx

Yes I've just discovered mints too. I like the clear ones in wrappers. I had bad ms with my daughter last time and have had it for a week now with this one.

Have you tried B6 or acupressure bands for the wrist? May not cure you but it may help.

Yes I feel as you do as well op!

Can't eat anything as gone off all food. I can mange cereal and subway (for some strange reason) but today I got hungry and almost was sick in a shop! Felt better after eating thankfully.

This time sucks I hope we all feel better second tri xxx

Well, yesterday was amazing. Nauseous all morning, took a zofran and a Zantac and I felt decent! I felt it at bay! I even felt good enough when I came home from work to get intimate with my husband! I took a total of two zantacs (one morning one in the evening) and only had to take one zofran.... I was able to eat a decent meal,

This morning is horrible again. Dry heaving so hard it hurts and no on top of it I am soooo constipated. Just waiting to get to work to get y morning sickness cocktail going!

Hope it works just as well.

I was going to say, keep taking the zofran...it kind of builds upon itself...like pain medication - you have to take it regularly to manage the pain because if you let it get too bad, it is harder to get it under control.

Otherwise, at work, I wear my motion sickness bands and apply more pressure for a minute or so if I have a moment, I eat frequent small meals even though I'm never really hungry (hunger seems to cause more nausea though), I sip water all day, and I do breathing exercises. I count to 5 as I breathe in through my nose, and count to 5 as I breathe out through pursed lips. Then I start to imagine myself in a calming place...it really does work and pretty fast considering.

Zofran will make the constipation worse, just FYI. I take 400 mg of magnesium everyday and I end up going every 2-3 days. Sucky, but better than never.

My nausea started around 6 weeks and vomiting started on and off during week 7, my doctor prescribed diclegis and it seems to help! You take two pills at night on an empty stomach (which made me nervous bc my stomach is so weak) with a glass of water and it lasts through the day... It does cause drowsiness tho.. I learned the hard way trying to force myself out of bed for work lol I just take it earlier! It has b6 in it so I'm sure that's what makes it work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->