Mucousy stool for 2.5 week old exclusively breast fed baby

Tonks

Reaction score
So my daughter started having mucousy stool about three days ago as opposed to the "seedy" stool she used to have. It is still the yellow color it's supposed to be. She does not seem to upset or uncomfortable though she poops even more than she used to which was already a lot. I don't know if this is normal because I'm a first time mom. I just know the dr always asks is her poop yellow and seedy. Now there is some seediness to it but really it's mostly liquidy and mucousy. She does not have a fever and she is not acting lethargic or anything.

I feel like I am constantly worried about something. Breast feeding has been the most overwelming experience in this journey so far even mire than bed rest and pre term labor. I'm hoping this poop is normal and I'm not doing something wrong here.

It might just be that she is swallowing mucus (it is very hard to digest). Does she have the sniffles? Has she started sleeping longer stretches on her back (mucus runs backwards and gets swallowed) where she was sleeping on you or waking more frequently before?

If she's not unwell I wouldn't worry but you could mention it the next time you see a doc/nurse or make an appointment if it goes on for a while.

Re liquid poo - yes that's breastfed poo! I think my Lo was still pooing at every feed at that age so 10 times a day or thereabouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->