Mucus plug at 20 weeks? Anyone experience?

Shananigans

Reaction score
I'm not for sure if it was my mucus plug or not and I've read a million things and it just confuses me even more. I had sex Monday night and on my break at work today I went for a 20min walk and after went to the bathroom. There was about a teaspoon size jelly looking glob when I wiped so it def wasn't just a discharge. There was no blood and nothing else really going on. I've read some things saying it's completely normal and some saying to be worried.

Called my docs and spoke to the triage nurse, she sounded a little unsure and just told me to watch for bleeding and cramps and gave me the after hours number in case. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen before and everything was perfectly fine after?

I lost a large piece of my mucus plug at 19 weeks last pregnancy, and all was fine. The mucus plug regenerates, and I'm surprised they didn't tell you that and leave you to worry. Long as your not having any cramps, fluid loss or bleeding then it's nothing to worry about :)

My friend lost a few peices early on (20-25 weeks i believe) and her doctor said it's okay, it will just grow back :)

We bd fir first time since bfp the other night
( over cautious dur to previous mcs :))
Next morn I had a blob of jelly mucus too
I honestly don't know if it was from OH or my body
Think maybe my body clearing out Oh swimmers by making more mucus
It happened when preg with ds too.
He arrived only when induced :)

I had the exact same thing just last week after a long week of house guests and work stress. It happened a few times over about 4 days. I spoke with a nurse at L&D and was advised to monitor as I was not having any cramps or bleeding. Two days later it happened again and was a different color (still no blood though) so I called back in to L&D. They had me come in to get checked out as a precaution seeing as I am pregnant with twins. The on-call doctor took a urine sample and swabs and checked my cervix manually. Cervix was closed tight. I was told the lab results would be back in 2 days and I would be called if anything came up. So far no phone call and it's been almost a week. My next ultrasound and OB appointment are coming up on Tuesday, and it will be good to follow up and get more reassurance. As a first time mom it was actually great to visit the L&D ward and see the inner workings. We all kept joking that I was just there for orientation. Before they let me go they told me that at any time I had any question or concern to call or come in and that it would be absolutely the right thing to do and to never worry about inconveniencing them.

I was told it's just a hormone surge. Nothing to worry about.

This happens everytime OH and I have sex. I'm not concerned, it's clear/green and not bloody, from what I've read it's just one of those lovely pregnancy things, I've had 5 scans so far and can feel her rolling and kicking quite happily so no cause to worry.

I think that maybe through being physical some of the looser parts of the plug gets dislodged. It regenerates according to a lot of people's stories when they approached their medical professionals.

LAst pregnancy i had this - very 'dry' mucous (in a blob) with a streak of old blood in it (I had a very small subchorionic haematoma with DD1). Nothing happened - and apparently this is common

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->