Mucus plug? Dilating? Please help, 27 weeks!

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
Hi, this morning i wiped and this slimy, yellowish, snotlike substance with some white in tinwas on the paper. No blood, though. I checked my cervix and one finger fit easily into it, it wasnt like that when i checked it in july, it was completely closed and VERY high, now its low and my finger slips into it. Im also having mild cramping and low back pain! Im fraking out, i cant get through to my OB. Is this the beginning of labor? What do i do? Has this happend to anyone else, what happened when you told/saw your OB? Im so scared, please help! Im only 27.3 weeks.:nope::shrug::nope:

Plugs regenerate so don't panic. Also, stop poking your finger up your bits! Leave them alone woman, hehe.

I've been losing chunks and I mean chunks of plug since 30 weeks or so, am 37 weeks having regular braxtons and period pains but no baby.

I doubt you're in labour but by all means speak to your doctor and don't panic.

I was losing my mucus plug from around 17w i never had my baby till 41+2 after 2 sweeps.

It really is best to leave things alone as you dont want to risk an infection.

Low back pain / cramping can be start of labour but also whole list of other things.

Speak to your doc when you can. All the best.

Hi there. First, I would echo what pp's have said about examining yourself-the plug is in there to prevent infection reaching your womb, so placing your finger in your cervix wouldn't be a good idea.
Like the others said, lots of people lose plug fairly early on and it does regenerate.
I can understand why you are worried, particularly if you are getting cramps. You probably do need to speak to someone medically trained for reassurance, & advice about what to do next (if anything). Try not to panic. Is there another Dr, midwife or hospital ward you could contact for advice?
All the best :hug:
Xxx

I lost a lot of plug a week ago at 26 wks, was having lots of BH and cramping, I went in to get checked, (went to L&D) was only 1/2cm , they said that could be because I already have 2 kids .... They checked to see if water broke and it had not ..... They told me my contractions were only BH and let me go home.... Was put on no sex restrictions for 2 wks, no lifting anything over 5 lbs, and rest as much as possible.... I was also told it can fall out little by little and regenerate over time.... It doesn't always mean labor is to follow..... They can also do a test to see if you will be in labor within 2 wks, I believe it's just a swab inside, the baby will produce a hormone/chemical that only is detected close to birth..... If you are worried just go in and get a piece of mind.... Better safe than sorry!!
Well here I am a wk n half later , my plug kept coming out for 3 days but nothing since, just the usual.... Although tonight I'm in a ton of pain.... Feeling concerned actually:/

Did you manage to get hold of anyone hun?
Xx

Keep us posted, I'm wondering too! Hope baby is staying put!

Yes, they told me to go to l&d, i went when SO got home. I am dialated 1/2 cm, like pp, but no contractions or anything else. They really didnt say much as to why or how to prevent or any reassurance other than im not in active labor. My doctor is just so frustrating. Im changing to a new OB in the morning, so far i think she will be a much better fit. Plus, i think. Would be more comfortable with a woman anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->