Mucus plug or normal?

laura109

Reaction score
Hi ladies i had spotting at 5 weeks and one more wipe of spotting at 9 weeks. I have noticed today when i wipe that quite thick globs of cm are coming away. Quite alot of it. It looks like it may have the teeniest bit of blood mixed into it bit i can't actually say its proper blood. Could just be the thickness of it. But now im thinking is this a threat? I have my scan tomorrow and was just starting to relax. I can hear babies heart on a home doppler so i know baby is alive in there. Any ideas?

I have had massive amounts of mucus in all my pregnancies in the first tri (and beyond, in my first preg). I asked my GP and she told me in pregnancy, basically anything goes discharge-wise, as long as it's not green, smelly or itchy. I also remember reading on here that pregnancy discharge was "crazy town" which seemed about right! The spotting might be worrying but I think it's a separate issue. Of course if you are really worried, get checked out, but most doctors/websites will tell you that there is so much increased blood flow to your cervix that extra mucus is normal, and it also deliberately increases to keep infection flushed out away from the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->