• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mucus plug

Fire_fly

Reaction score
Hi girls, so I'm almost 37 weeks (on Monday) and have started to lose my mucus plug tonight, not loads but definitely started. I've never went into labour naturally and wondered for those that have, when did you lose yours and how close it was to labour? Thanks:flower: x

Last time I lost mine right before I went into labor after I had a sweep. I think I have been losing little chunks of mine already this time but I do know that the plug can regrow. Really there is no way to know until you actually go into labor. When I lost mine it was really long and it was the whole thing.

I never saw mine (went into labour naturally, first sign was waters breaking). I assumed I'd lost it into the toilet. But yes it can regenerate so if you're worried that it's early, don't worry, and anyway you are nearly term :)

I started losing mine from about 35 weeks with both of mine and went into labour at 40+0 and 39+3 so definitely not imminently.

Thanks girls, I've got a c-section booked for 39 weeks so glad it doesn't mean baby is on the way soon! Just need another couple of weeks.

like the others said, it could be something or nothing! i went into labour the day after I lost mine but I was further on than you, hoping baby stays put for you a bit longer! will you have it naturally if you go into labour sooner?

First pregnancy I lost jjust after my waters broke, second time about 4 hours before birth (noticed in bath), last pregnancy I honestly can't remember.

like the others said, it could be something or nothing! i went into labour the day after I lost mine but I was further on than you, hoping baby stays put for you a bit longer! will you have it naturally if you go into labour sooner?

Thanks! I hope so too. No, it'll be an emcs, already have childcare and everything planned for 39 weeks so hoping it all goes too plan. You never know with babies though lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvaAriasmom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->