• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Muller Rice

New2Bumps

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
- Is this okay for babies? Haven't bought any yet but they've bought out the mini pots and fancied trying it.

Is normal rice okay too - he seems to like my mild chilli (add a little extra tomato and take out the kidney beans) and a bit of rice would be lovely I think.

:)

I would say normal rice is certainly ok - even rice pudding like Ambrosia too. Rice I guess is really just like pasta ( probably not but I mean like in texture) I dont see why muller rice would not be ok for babies - just have a look at the sugar content and dont go for the fat free ones as LO's need the fat.:flower:

Normal rice - yes definitely.

Muller rice - I'd check the ingredient list and then see if you are happy giving it. I have definitely seen Rachel's organic rice puddings that seem to be a better bet for little ones. Or better still homemade. But then I am a fusspot about such things.

I'm with Claire in that I'm a fusspot about these kind of deserts :blush:

Last time I checked a mini pot, I was quite shocked at the sugar content. Are the mini pots the 95g ones? I seem to remember it being 12.something grams of sugar per pot. Which ok, not the worst thing in the world... But I'm picky :rofl:

With the ladies above - I think there is a lot of sugar in the Muller rice pots. Lizzie has had Rachel's O rice, and I make my own with a lot less sugar and plenty of fruit and vanilla. She's started to enjoy the baked one a bit more than the hob version - which is good, as that method is literally bunged in and baked!!

Normal rice is fine - although it helps having something to 'stick' it together. Lizzie likes it with avocado (!!!)

Another sugar fusspot here! I wouldn't be happy with the amount of sugar in a muller rice personally.

I imagine the sugar content in muller rice would be very high, personally i wouldnt be comfortable with giving it to River.

Rice pudding is very easy to make, especially if you have a slow cooker

I imagine the sugar content in muller rice would be very high, personally i wouldnt be comfortable with giving it to River.

Hi sorry to hijack but how do you make rice pudding in a slow cooker? That would be great for Max :flower:

Ooh so lots of sugar, thanks for the heads up girls. I haven't looked at the pot yet, just thought I'd gather opinion first before I go shopping.
How do you make the rice pudding in the oven?

HI All,

I made rice pudding for us at the weekend and did wonder if i could give it to harriet if it was thiner.

What i did was to take a eating apple and peal and core and add a spoonfull of brown suger and a 1/4 spoonfull of spice and an oz ob butter which i used to line the dish and to this i added a 1 pt of milk. I then mixed in 2oz pudding rice which had been mixed with 1 teaspoon of white sugar stired in and popped into the oven for 2 hours at 160.

YUM!

Hi sorry to hijack but how do you make rice pudding in a slow cooker? That would be great for Max :flower:

25g butter
100g sugar
100g desert rice
1ltr milk

Grease the pot with the butter (use it all up)
Add the other ingredients to the pot
Stir gently together
Turn the slow cooker to high
Stir occassionally during cooking
Cooking time is approx 2.5hrs to 3.5hrs

I only use half the sugar at most and maybe some agave syrup. I also add vanilla and sometimes cinnamon.

River loves it :)

25g butter
100g sugar
100g desert rice
1ltr milk

Stir gently together

I only use half the sugar at most and maybe some agave syrup. I also add vanilla and sometimes cinnamon.

Haha!

I have just posted looking how to make this - it must have been you guys making me hungry!!

Thanks!

25g butter
100g sugar
100g desert rice
1ltr milk

Stir gently together

That is great, thankyou :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"