Multiple MMCs anyone?

kanga

Mummy Wummy
Reaction score
I had a MMC in December.

I just wondered if anyone has had multiple MMCs?

Aparantly there is a 1% chance of your pregnancy resulting in an MMC, compared to 1/3ish ending in MC.

I just wondered if having MMC's was a 'different boat' to having MCs more naturally (ie early bleeding taking the embryo away).

Any advice/opinions greatly appreciated!

Baby Dust To All xx

I lost my little girl at 13 weeks (she died the day before my nuchal scan) and I was told it was pretty rare that way.

They said that statistically I should be fine next time. I know that doesn't help when you have been through this.

Thanks Vicki, I hope it was a one-off and that next time all will be fine for both of us x

kanga, I've had 2 mmc's. The first was hard to define. The baby was growing fine, but I also had a subchorionic hematoma (blood clot) in my uterus as well. The blood clot started to dislodge from my body and knocked the baby out of place. I was bleeding but only from the clot. They found the baby still in place, just no heart beat. Hard to say if this one was a mmc but I think it was. I was 10 weeks along.

My second one was 6 weeks along and not developing properly. Definitely a mmc.

Not sure if there is any relation to the two. I've been tested for everything and they can't find a reason.

I hope you get your sticky bean soon!

Thanks Vicki, I hope it was a one-off and that next time all will be fine for both of us x

Oooh me too. How many weeks were you hun?

Found out at the 12 week scan. Not sure when it stopped growing, I think about 8 weeks-ish. I was in too much shock to ask questions, I just wanted to get out of there and away from all the happy people clutching their scan photos.

What about you hun x

Isabella was born at 13 weeks and she had only died the day before my scan. I had her naturally

Kanga - I've had 3 mmc and each time required a D&C, when the fetus' were tested all was fine. After investigations I found out my womb is heart shaped, this hopefully explains them as there is poor blood suppy which eventually stops flowing to the fetus I am waiting on surgery for this before I can ttc again!! I don't know anyone else who had had more then 1 mmc though so you should be fine the next time as they usually are a one off I've just been v unlucky, fingers crossed for you. xx

hi AS, seems you are on the way up then if they have diagnosed your problem and are fixing it. Thats great news, good luck with the op and after that with your sticky bean! x

Hi Kanga. I just had my 2nd mmc. It was and still is shocking to me as I was aware of the stats and how they were on my side. The first was found at my 11 wk scan. The second was found at a 7 wk scan.

I've been told by the docs and nurses how uncommon it is for this to happen so I wouldn't worry too much. My doc thinks the second one was due to the fact that it was a twin pregnancy which apparently has higher risks of mc. Even still, I've asked her to run some tests.

I'm currently waiting for a rescan to confirm my 2nd MMC this year. I went for an early scan at what I thought was 8 weeks based on LMP - scan showed a 5 weeks sac with yolk and embryo. I can't possibly be only 5 weeks as it means I got a pos preg test 2 weeks before I conceived. Gutted is not the word

Hiya Kanga,

Only just saw this post while scanning through - I still can't stay away from ttcal!

As you know, I've had 2 consecutive mmcs and I'm now nearly 8 anxious weeks into my 3rd pregnancy.

I'd be really interested to hear if anyone knows the stats for repeat mmcs. ie. the likelihood of a 3rd after 2 and also when the chances of having another mmc drop.

Help!

Thanks for this thread, i didnt know that statistically mmc was less likely to happen again, i had a mmc in March and am terrified of it happening again.

Just want to clarify if mine was a mmc

at 11 weeks, i started a tiny bit of spotting and cramping and went for a scan to discover the baby died 3 weeks before. I had 2 failed sets of contractions after that and then a EPRC

even though i got contractions, is it still missed as the baby had stopped growing 3 weeks before?

Thanks

I've just had my 2nd consecutive MMC, my first was in Dec 09 and my 2nd we found out in April 10.

I'm taking a break for awhile as I'm not sure I could handle another one this close. So hopefully we'll start trying in Aug/Sept.

xxx

Thanks for this thread, i didnt know that statistically mmc was less likely to happen again, i had a mmc in March and am terrified of it happening again.

Just want to clarify if mine was a mmc

at 11 weeks, i started a tiny bit of spotting and cramping and went for a scan to discover the baby died 3 weeks before. I had 2 failed sets of contractions after that and then a EPRC

even though i got contractions, is it still missed as the baby had stopped growing 3 weeks before?

Thanks

As far as I'm aware. this is still a missed mc as you had no signs of it happening at the time the baby passed.

My first mmc was discovered at my 12 weeks scan and all they saw was a 7 week size sac. With my second mmc, we saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks and then at our 8 week scan the baby was only 6+1 and the heartbeat had stopped. I didn't have any signs or bleeding and had to have an ERPC with both.

Hiya Kanga,

Only just saw this post while scanning through - I still can't stay away from ttcal!

As you know, I've had 2 consecutive mmcs and I'm now nearly 8 anxious weeks into my 3rd pregnancy.

I'd be really interested to hear if anyone knows the stats for repeat mmcs. ie. the likelihood of a 3rd after 2 and also when the chances of having another mmc drop.

Help!

Id be really intereasted to know this too, as this is my 3rd pregnancy after 2 m/c's. Think i may look into this!

Heres some info i just found that some people may find useful! & sorry for coming back into TTCAL I just cant help myself!

If this was your first known miscarriage, your risk of having a second one is only slightly higher than if you never had a miscarriage, especially if your first miscarriage showed a chromosomal abnormality, it occurred early in pregnancy, or you have previously given birth to a healthy baby. Even after experiencing two miscarriages, your chances of having a third one are not much higher than if you never had one. For example, if you have had two miscarriages, you have a 65 percent chance of carrying your next baby to term; a woman who has never miscarried or has had only one miscarriage has roughly an 80 percent chance of carrying to term. After three miscarriages, however, your chances of carrying your next baby to term go down to 50 percent. After three consecutive miscarriages, you would be wise to have a complete obstetrical evaluation to see if there are any underlying medical reasons that could cause you to have future miscarriages. If no reason can be found, you may reasonably assume that you still have an excellent chance of delivering a healthy baby.

Zoe is that the same for a missed miscarriage do you know? Thanks x

Zoe is that the same for a missed miscarriage do you know? Thanks x

beadette im not quite sure, I just googled (bloody google lol) chances of miscarriage after 2.
However I have just found this dont know if it is of any help.

https://www.womens-health.co.uk/miscarriage/missed.html

and it says futher down:

Experiencing a missed miscarriage does not significantly reduce a woman’s future chances of getting pregnant.

For example, if a woman had one miscarriage, she will have a one percent lower chance (about 80%) of having a successful pregnancy in the future than a woman who has not had a previous miscarriage.

However, if a woman has had two miscarriages, her chance of having a subsequent successful pregnancy is reduced to 72%.

Ive had 2 mmc, even though the 2nd seemed like it was 'just' a regular mc but a subsequent scan showed nothing had been passed (shocking to say the least after all that i went through, but i digress..)

Although i since had tests which showed i had hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) and as such much more likely to mc without treatment - im now on medication for life - statistically, you are much more likely to have a live birth than not. Regardless of the previous mc's.

Even someone as fertile, it seems, like Jordan has had several, so i think the best way forward is to do the best you can for yourself mentally and physically and try to focus on the 'glass half full' theory. You are still more likely to have a baby than not!

In the end all the mmc means is that your body didn't expel anything left of the pg once it failed. Even women giving birth sometimes have a tough time delivering the placenta (meaning tugging etc, nice!) so i wouldn't hold that as a rod over my head. Given time we all probably would have mc on our own - i personally just chose not to once i knew the truth. But Ive never worried about it and neither should you!

I know of several girls on here who have subsequently gone on to successful pregnancies and so will we!!

OMi xxx

I wish the same for all of us! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"