Mum who doesnt like ANYTHING?!?!

Vicyi

Me & Mine
Reaction score
HELP!!
I need to find something for my Mum for xmas but she is SO hard!

* She doesnt eat chocolates/nice food ect as she is ALWAYS on a diet.
* She doesnt wear jewellery except the rings and necklace she already has.
* She has no hobbies.
* My big sis works in HMV so gets all her DVDS/Music for her.
* She is VERY particular with her clothes.

I have always bought her something to do with the kids but there are only so many photoshoots/photoframes/canvases/ornamental frames ect you can give someone full of your kids. Lol.

Any other ideas? The budget is £25ish as i have such a big family to buy for.

I am sticking to slippers and dressing gown's from now on for my mum, ive given up even trying to think of things. x

A voucher for Graze boxes? They are a treat but (mostly) still healthy. I got them for my brother a few Christmases ago and he liked them.

Perfume
Make up
Scarf or leather gloves
Pjs and slippers
Dressing gown
Does she read ? Book or magazine subscription
:flower:

How about a massage/facial/spa treatment voucher?

Thankyou but she would never go unfortunately :(

I am sticking to slippers and dressing gown's from now on for my mum, ive given up even trying to think of things. x

Thats a good idea. She has a gown & slippers but im sure she could do with a nice new one :)

A voucher for Graze boxes? They are a treat but (mostly) still healthy. I got them for my brother a few Christmases ago and he liked them.

A fab idea but i doubt she would eat them. She is really strict with what she eats so most would prob go to waste :( Thankyou though x

Perfume
Make up
Scarf or leather gloves
Pjs and slippers
Dressing gown
Does she read ? Book or magazine subscription
:flower:

Ive no idea on make up (I'm a mascara & eyeliner kinds girl lol) She wouldnt wear a scarf but the slippers & gown sound like a good idea! She also LOVES to read but i've no idea on what books shes read, a mag subscription on the other hand is a brill idea! Thanks x

A fab idea but i doubt she would eat them. She is really strict with what she eats so most would prob go to waste Thankyou though x

She can choose what is in them. I used to get them, you go through a list and tick all that you would be happy to receive, it literally goes through item by item. It it is very helpful as I have allergies and am not keen on spicy stuff so I just took all those things of my list. My brother on the other hand is a more adventurous person so clicked he was willing to try anything.

Once you have a box they ask you to rate it, if you like what was in it you can ask them to send again and suggests the frequency or if you didn't like it you could ask them not to send it again.

If she likes to read does she have a Kindle? Maybe a light for it, a cute cover and a voucher would be appreciated?

Could you ask her to make an Amazon Wishlist, that is what we do in my family as we are all difficult to buy for in different ways so it just makes life easier. If you make a fairly long list you still get a surprise as you don't know what someone would have chosen from it.

Does she drink coffee? If so a costa or Starbucks gift card might be good so she can treat herself when she's out shopping etc or a national book token voucher so she can buy some books for herself.

A fab idea but i doubt she would eat them. She is really strict with what she eats so most would prob go to waste Thankyou though x

She can choose what is in them. I used to get them, you go through a list and tick all that you would be happy to receive, it literally goes through item by item. It it is very helpful as I have allergies and am not keen on spicy stuff so I just took all those things of my list. My brother on the other hand is a more adventurous person so clicked he was willing to try anything.

Once you have a box they ask you to rate it, if you like what was in it you can ask them to send again and suggests the frequency or if you didn't like it you could ask them not to send it again.

If she likes to read does she have a Kindle? Maybe a light for it, a cute cover and a voucher would be appreciated?

Could you ask her to make an Amazon Wishlist, that is what we do in my family as we are all difficult to buy for in different ways so it just makes life easier. If you make a fairly long list you still get a surprise as you don't know what someone would have chosen from it.

My Mum is a technophobe so no kindle/comp unfortunately :( We tried to convince her last year to get a kindle but nope :nope:

I have 2 sisters and a brother as well as my grandparents who all ask her what she'd like.. so far she has named ONE book that my sister nabbed! lol

Does she drink coffee? If so a costa or Starbucks gift card might be good so she can treat herself when she's out shopping etc or a national book token voucher so she can buy some books for herself.

Nope no coffee unfortunately, just normal and peppermint tea. She is such a pain!

Ooo a book token is good. Will prob hint if she'd rather that or a mag sub. lol

I'd get her a new dressing gown and slippers and (depending on budget) a book voucher for whsmith/waterstones or something.

If she likes tea, how about getting her a custom blend of tea? Whittard do it - https://www.whittard.co.uk/tea/related/blend/blend-your-own-tea.htm - you could choose 'normal' tea as the base and then just select peppermint as the main flavour so it's kind of what she drinks anyway but you could customise it a bit more if you fancied! It's only £10 so you could get some cute accessories like an infuser, tea pot/cup etc and make a pretty gift.

dunelm have teddybear soft gressing gowns for £19.99 - they dont actually have teddy bears on them they are plain colours but are stupidly soft!!!

what about a nice afternoon tea at a local hotel or posh venue?

I'd just go and smash something she really likes and then buy her a new one :haha:
Alternatively a magazine subscription is a good idea, or membership to somewhere (national trust, a club or society she might be interested in), or theatre tickets maybe?

Thanks all :)

All these ideas are fab, just my Mum is a PITA to buy for! lol. Think i'm gonna follow a ladies idea on another thread and do the WEAR, READ, WANT, NEED and get her a dressing gown for wear, a book (gonna take a nosey next time im round her house to see what she has!) for read, a recent pic of the kids or a photo calender for want (shes always asking for a new pic) but i've no idea for need... maybe something to do with gardening as thats the only thing besides reading she has any interest in or a calender?

My mum can easily be satisfied with some new slippers and some smellies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->