Mummy to be popping over from third tri..?

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
Just a few questions to the ladies that know!
Im due my little man on the 9th of feb 14' and im adamant to breastfeed my nipples have gotten really really dark is this normal? also when he self weens and hoping breastfeeding goes well will my nipple return back to the pink colour they were? will they always be larger now than what they were?
i now these are only minor things but i really dont want saggy boobs :dohh: any tips on keeping my boobs perky? or is that just not possible :haha: another main thing is say if worst case scenario i cant BF him straight away after delivery will my midwife give him a bottle of formula milk? has this happened to anybody? and is it useful to start applying lanolin already? or wait until my boobs get sore sorry for so many questions again! xx

Everyone is different. All mothers will experience growth and development of the mammary glands during pregnancy (regardless of whether you breastfeed), but the visual effects will vary from one mother to another. The nipple colour should get pinker gradually, and the size of the areolas should also gradually become smaller, but it takes time. There is nothing you can do to prevent saggy boobs. If it's going to happen, it will happen, and breastfeeding does not make your boobs saggy. It will happen even if you 100% artificial feed.

Some moms get breast reductions after their babies wean when they are not planning any future pregnancies. I considered it because I hated the way my boobs looked while I was pregnant. However, I'm fine with how they look now 12 months postpartum. They're still saggier than they were, but not as giant with huge nipples.

Breastfeeding can be difficult for a first time mom especially, and midwives know that. A good midwife will work with you to fix any latch issues to make sure that you are breastfeeding properly. When things are just getting started it's best to avoid formula and artificial nipples to avoid nipple confusion. The more you empty your breasts, the more milk you produce, so you want the baby to feed as often as he/she wants so your breasts produce the right amount of milk. ;)

Applying lanolin or nipple cream whiley you are pregnant can definitely help soften your nipples. I didn't do it, but the soreness went away for me after a few weeks and I applyed Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple butter (which I still use for my lips, lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->