mummys to 8month olds...

rubys not clapping yet (shes 8 months today) but if you clap in front of her, then stop, she will grab your hands and clap with them.

also she 'taps' everything! she picks erverything up, and instead of it going in the mouth like most babies, she holds it in one hand, and taps it with the other!

My DS is still not clapping but will copy me if i bang on things. This morning i was giving him his breakfast and was being very loud and I had a headache so i put my hand up to my head and started shaking it and he copied me, was so cute. Won't do it again though.

Does your baby clap???

Harrison doesnt clap, but he has just started to bang on stuff if you bang on it first, like his play tray and the floor.

Its bugged me since I watched eastenders ages ago and Stacy said that Lilly had been clapping for a few weeks..... and she was ment to be about 6months.. :blush: lol

xxx

Lily was also standing in her cot in November. She was born at the very end of June!! :haha::haha:

Isabella waves and taps and bangs things, but no she won't clap. I know of babies who did start at around 8 months, but they all get new skills at different times. For eg - Isabella is very mobile, started pulling to standing at just before 8 months and can stand for as long as she wishes. She is also very very verbal and can use 'cat' in context, probably because she loves our cats and I often use the word repetitively in relation to the cat, rather than using his or her name at the moment.

Alex is another smacker - he likes to smack/bang/tap surfaces or toys or his high chair. He doesnt clap yet, he has just started holding something in each hand and banging them together :haha:

My LO just started clapping last week and he'll be 9 months old soon. He starting to wave too. :D

Madeline's been clapping for a couple of weeks. I think this is down to a baby club we go to, where there is lots of clapping involved and the babies are encouraged to clap after every song. She does it on request now, so I think she understands the command "clap hands". She doesn't point or wave yet though, or crawl. She can stand for 30 seconds or so by holding on to something. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->