Mumps

Lemonpie

Reaction score
Hi girls i need some advice if u have any

not thursday gone the 1 before lol i got a call from the school to come and collect Luca has he was ill now he had sickness loss of appitite sore throat and a fever
took him dr's and was told he had a virus and to give him calpol which i done ...Today Luca was complaining that the side of his neck hurt anyway i looked and iv never seen a lump like it so rant nhs and was advised to take him down to hospitial was told again to give him calpol and they have also perscriped some pinicillian and was told if he was no better in 7 days to take him to my gp.........but he is well enough for school.....
Now i got home as i had this feeling that he had mumps so i looked it up on the internet and it bascially said what the symptons were which Luca had most of them and then the lump/lumps would come out 5-7 days after well thinking about it he had the symptons 8-9 days ago...tomorrow im taking him dr to get a second opnion as his in so much pain with it but what i cannot find on the internet is how does it affect pregnant woman
I know there is nothing i can do if he has it but some advice would be much appriciated

Thanks xx

*hugs* hope he gets better soon, I'm not sure about how it would affect a pregnant woman.

Thanks hun got a 2nd opnion and it wasnt mumps but thankyou

Hi Lemonpie,
Just out of interest what was your son diognosed with?
It sounds very similar to mumps, my son had at 3, it was just as you describe and was missed the first time with just a virus rash, then it went down and the lump in his neck came up. (never seen anything like it!!)
I was told at the time because he had had his mmr jabs at 1 the mumps had been a much milder case than usual.
Just wonder what you were told it was?
Also things are a worry b4 3 pg months but i notice you are pretty far along and baby is pretty tough by now against most things.

Hope your little boy is feeling better now and Good luck with your new baby!

babythinkpink xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->