mums or mums to be with cfs/m.e

hello everyone :) just popping into the thread to meet some other mums with M.E.

i've been ill for about 11 years now so M.E is nothing new for me but being a mummy is ha it took us a few years to get pregnant and now i have a beautiful 5 month old baby girl but wow... its hard work! i really struggle sometimes and i feel guilty that i cant do some of the stuff i want to with her. her daddy is amazing but i wish he wasnt the one who always got to take her places while i go to bed for a couple of hours rest....

how do you guys cope? i get very emotional sometimes and i'm really posessive of my LO, i dont know if thats normal :shrug: does anyone else suffer with guilt when they cant manage things??

Hi guys, mind if I join.

I was diagnosed with fibro 2 1/2 years ago and have literally only been able to manage it by moving out of London, where I lived, to a more rural city (and I really miss London) and by painkillers. I found out I was pregnant last week, 6 weeks gone, and had to immediately come off my painkillers. All I can take is a few paracetemol if I'm desperate - I don't think there will be a question of me being able to take anything else. Not necessarily because of my dr, but my family are very much the "you'll just have to tough it out" attitude during pregnancy.

I'm a bit scared to be honest. I'm already having a lot of pain in my arms and shoulders/neck, and the pain is waking me up in the night. Will it get better?

hi everyone :)

Im going to join you if thats ok. I'm Charlie (21) and i have a 14 month old called Izzabelle :flower:

i had M.E for 7 years from the age of 13 til i turned 20. Surprisingly being pregnant seemed to get rid of it and i was doing fantastically well for 14 months, so much so that we decided that it was well and truely gone....BUT......It seems like the bloody thing has come back! :(

I am really struggling to come to terms with it being back. I always knew it could be a possibilty but i just hoped it would never happen. Now i feeling like i am failing my little girl! :(

Could use some hugs and any advice you lovely ladies have on coping with a walking, talking and very cheeky toddler whilst having M.E.

I work 20 hours a week, which i am unable to cut down on due to bills etc, working mainly in evenings when OH is home with Izzi. I am trying to spread out the stuff i do at home throughout the week so instead of cleaning the whole house on monday i do a bit here and there and i am very reluctantly asking OH to do more at home (he works 42+ hours a week so i like to do the cooking n cleaning so he cant spend proper time with izii when he is home but he is pretty insistant i let him do more now, which is lovely). I just dont want Izzi to suffer just because she has a poorly mummy.

Hope your all having as good of a day as possible
xx

hi ladies

hope you dont mind me joining you ! I have CFS and Fibro , have had a combination of the 2 for years but was formally diagnosed in 2009. Since before that point I hsve been getting around with the aid of sticks and a wheelchair . I lost several jobs following bouts of illness , fatigue and pain that I couldnt recover from and havent worked now for nearly 2 years. Thankfully my hubby is wonderful with everything and a complete diamond and despite us desperatly wanting a family it had never happened. We had endless chats with the consultant and fertility people about my ME and they all told me the symptoms would go during the pregnany !! but after trying treatment and it not happening we aws told to prepare ourselves to go on the IVF waiting list . So imagine our surprise when we found out that we was expecting !! We are 8 weeks tommorow but i have never felt worse. everything is 10 times worse than it was previously and i feel like ive hit a major relapse again. im housebound whichisnt fun and spend most of my time asleep but im hoping ocne out of the first tri things might get better. I have my first appointmet with the mw wife and want to talk to her about birthing options. I know a lot of people are against electing c-sections but I know my body well in relation to my ME now and its something id like to consider .. Has anyone else had one? Any experiances would be greatly appreciated., xx

Hi ladies just thought I'd pop by and see if anyone is still around! Xx

hi soph ! how are you doing ? how are you coping with ME and your little one ?? xxx

Im doing good now he's just turned 3 and it seen fingers crossed tgats its settld down mmostly. how are you doing? c

will respond properly when the triplets st67o9p hitting the keyboard# l[
lol

Hi, I'm running around trying to get ready for work in the morning so excuse me for the brief hello! I'm lisa, 30 and I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia in jan. I'm still new to it and I'm so confused. I don't know if I have it bad and I just push myself so much or I'm really lucky! :dohh:
:hugs:
My goodness! Love your story Summerlily - things really do come in threes! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->