Mums TTC No.2 or more at 35+

beanzean

Mummy to Grace and Thomas
Reaction score
For those ladies who had their first LO under 35 and are TTC another over 35 I'm wondering if it really is harder TTC over 35. We started TTC no.1 last October and I got my BFP 2 weeks later (I was 34). Grace is now 4 mths old and we want another baby but I'm wondering if it's too soon. I was 35 in July (a week before Grace was born). :flower:

I was 33 when I had Oliver and I'm 35 now. I concieved him at the drop of a hat and I'm wondering why that should dramatically change now that I am over 35? :shrug: I'm hoping we get pregnant again so quickly when we're ready. But I have to admit, it is in the back of my mind that I have hit the magic age now!

I had my boys at 23 & 26

I'm 34 now (35 in June) and ttc'ing #3. Cycle 3

Fingers crossed my eggs ain't coming down on wheel chairs!

I had my son when I was 35 but conceived at 34, I'm 37 now and I'm finding it's taking so much longer this time :growlmad:

Hi I am 35 y.o. I conceived last year @ 34 but lost to partial molar pregnancy. Its been a year now and I am almost ready to try.

Hello ladies,

I'm 38 and here is my conception history:

#1 at age 20: Accident...so um, pretty easy!
#2 at age 23: 1 time of trying.
#3 at age 27: 2nd cycle of trying.
#4 at age 31: took around 7 or 8 cycles.
Trying for #5 for close to 2 years now...actively charting and temping for 14 cycles. We did learn that a medication my husband was on; a Calcium Channel Blocker, makes pregnancy impossible (it's known as "the male contraceptive"). Even after discontinuing the medication, it takes about 4 months to generate healthy swimmers. So we're on about our 5th cycle of healthy sperm. :spermy:

Even when we look and feel young, our eggs may not have the same outlook. Although it is definitely possible to conceive even into our 40's, it can take longer as our eggs get older. Of course, some older ladies have no trouble conceiving just as quickly as the younger gals. But if I could give you advice...I'd say don't wait too long.

Hi I got my BFP with #1 first month TTC all down to major timing and travel to the spermies. I was 35 but only 1 month into being 35.
now I am 37 TTC #2 and things are not good this end for me. might be going into perimenopause we areTTC #2 for 6 months now.

should have started ages ago.

hi

i had number1 at age 21, number2 at 24, number3 at 29 and number4 at 36- conceived first cycle each time xxx

good luck all xxx

Baby no 1, I was 25, took 3 months to conceive.
Baby no 2, I was 29, was a happy accident (using withdrawal method for contraception!)
Baby no 3, I was 37, took a year to conceive, sadly ended in miscarriage.
Baby no 4, I was 38, took 2/3 months to conceive.

In my case, my 3rd pregnancy took the longest, so I guess my older age played a part there. I think I only conceived no4 so quickly as apparently you are more fertile for a few months after a miscarriage (or so Ive been told)

My first baby was not planned and so can't really say how long she took, not very long. I was 20.

The second one we were NTNP when I moved out here at 39 and she was conceived almost exactly six weeks after I arrived so second cycle.

We started trying for a third one December/January last year so about 12 months ago. We caught right away but had an early mc somewhere between 4-6 weeks. (The trans vaginal ultra sound showed about four weeks, I thought I should have been farther.) Proof positive of negative pregnancy this morning.

I had my little one at 36 (35 when concieved) he is now 8 months old and we are now trying for baby no 2 - sooooooooo hope it happens! My periods have just come back after baby 1 so the trying starting straight away - especially in case it takes ages the 2nd time and now with being a bit older. I concieved in month 3 last time so I really hope it works this time. I wish I had known how lush it is being a mum when I was younger - however didn't meet my husband until a bit later so I guess I would have waited anyway. Fingers crossed!

my advice from personal experiance is if poss do not hang around if you want more go for it now .i had my first and only child at 34 started trying for no 2 at 36 and had no joy i finally became preg at 44 but mc and it is the biggest regret of my life to only have one child so just go for it asap as i think it does make a differance.good luck girls

Sounds like it can go both ways looking at the responses here.
The best advice I had was to look at your mother.... which doesn't bode all that great for me. My mum had me after a 'long' stint of trying ( I didn't ask for details) and then eventually went into long term fostering becuase they couldn't concieve again.

I had number 1 in 2008 at age 31, took 8 months of OCD temping and timing.
I had number 2 in 2010 at age 33, took 5 months of equally obsessive temping.

I know that I am really lucky to have 2 already, but I'd really love a third. Circumstances dictate that I have to wait until this time this year before WTT again... I'll be 36. So, it does worry me a bit. Shoudl I just start acting on it earlier just in case?

Tricky.

I'm had my 1st child in 1994 & have been ttc #2 since 2008.

I'm now 36 (& a half!) & haven't had a BFP since were ttc. Doc put me on clomid & have gone through 4 cycles. I'm so wanting another child & believe that with pma & dtd when it matter will help me get my BFP in 2011.

Fx ladies.x

I am now 36
#1 was a huge suprise concieved before I got married when I was 24
#2 was concived pretty quickly after I started ttc (less than 6 mos) I was 26
#3 was a small surprise I was using NFP we got hit by a hurricane and our power went out, Had a couple beers so they didnt get warm (cant let that happen lol) and I knew I was in my fertile window but it was at least 4 days before O and I had tried for a girl with #2 by planning bd that early and it wasnt till igave up and said I just want a baby that I got pg with him so I didnt figure it could really happen that early) and lo and behold!!!! I was 28
Well My first dh was removed from the home when the littlest was 4 mos old. I remarried and am now ttc#4 as my dh now dosnt have any biological children.
In oct 08 I concieved only to find out I had concieved trips and NONE of them made it to my 9 week appt. I was just a few days from being 34
This last year I concieved twice at the age of 35 one was twins with an early mc and then a blighted ovum. and then the second was a chem pregnancy.
Strangely enough the only one I took meds for was the singleton chem pg.
Some blood work was run and a problem was found and I will be ttc again after my next af
I will be taking 50 mg of clomid and am charting
I am hoping to get my :bfp: and a sticky bean quickly now.

Hi

Aged 24 - came off the pill and anti-depressants and conceived first cycle TTC with ex-husband - m/c :angel:
Aged 25 - waited 2 months after m/c before TTC - pregnant within 2 cycles with ex-husband - DS now aged 14
Aged 39 - mirena coil removed (after 14 years) and conceived first cycle NTNP with OH - m/c after contracting swine flu :angel:

Just had 40th birthday (on Thursday) and once bleeding stopped will probably NTNP for a cycle or two and then look to actively TTC (although I do note CM and some body changes as a matter of course already).

Looks like I don't have a problem conceiving (unless I've been incredibly lucky) and I'm hoping that the next bean is a sticky one.

:dust: to you all ladies.

Pip x

I had my little one at 36 (35 when concieved) he is now 8 months old and we are now trying for baby no 2 - sooooooooo hope it happens! My periods have just come back after baby 1 so the trying starting straight away - especially in case it takes ages the 2nd time and now with being a bit older. I concieved in month 3 last time so I really hope it works this time. I wish I had known how lush it is being a mum when I was younger - however didn't meet my husband until a bit later so I guess I would have waited anyway. Fingers crossed!

Hi there, almost exactly the same story here:
-was 36 when we conceived the first month of trying, had her 5 days before I turned 37.
-Zoëlle is now 7 months old and we'll be TTC #2 starting in the summer

I hope it'll happen as easily as with Zoë! And same here, didn't meet the right man until I was 35, that plus 16 years of university are the 2 main reasons I'm an "older" mom :thumbup:

I will turn 38 in april never took the pill or just a few months in my whole life. conceive my daugher at 27 after 14 months of trying then at 35 i conceive my son trying but after 9 years of not getting preggo we didn't beleive and boom got pregnant that month he is 19 months old now we are trying for a third one but my hopes are down I have history of endo, block tube, and now after breastfeeding my son for a year past cycle got lutheal phase defect. :wacko:

Hello Ladies!

Just checking in to see how people are doing. Pip, good to see you in relatively good spirits. So sorry about the flu. I hope you are feeling better physically.

I have had a lot of of random health things come up in the last year but they haven't actually seemed to find the cause of any of them yet. Since they are mostly annoying rather than painful, there isn't more that can be done right now. At least I am seeing the doctor I like now.

AF is expected early next week and I suspect that she will be right on time. That's okay though, I'm not sure I would have been ready for a birthday baby on my birthday. With the plans we have for the summer, later in the fall will be a better time for us.

That is all from me for now. How are the rest of you doing?

I found age did make a difference,

Pregnancy 1 was a happy accident at 20, ended in m/c sadly

Baby 1 first month of ttc after mc gave birth at 21
Baby 2 first month of ttc after coil removed gave birth at 27
Baby 3 first month of ttc after coil removal gave birth at 30
Baby 4 4th month of ttc after coil removal gave birth at 35
Baby 5 9th month of ttc after coil removal gave birth at 37

I only used poas ov tests for baby 4 and 5 when it looked like nothing was happening, with the others i had only to remove my coil and i was pregnant and baby 5 took 9 months, of pre seed, instead cups, ov prediction poas, you name it I tried it, and by 9 months I was going nutty over it.
So for me age seems to have made a difference and i have noticed my fertility drop off.

Just wanted to say also you could try and use poas ov detection for a few months, if you are still ovulating on a regular day each month it sounds promising you are pretty fertile, once you start getting ov day 12 one month, 16 the next it is a sign your fertility is becoming more erratic and so fertility is dropping off, if in any doubt i would start ttc xx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->