Mums TTC No.2 or more at 35+

:flower: Hiya Iam 39 and have 6 kids.. currently trying for baby number 7..

age 22 1st baby
age 23 2nd baby
age 25 3rd baby
age 26 4th baby
age 27 5th baby
age 29 6th baby

got divorced in 2005
married new fella 2010

age 39 prergnant baby no. 7 but e/p October 2010
currently ttc again.. xx

Hello all im 39 have 3 nearly grown up children 20,18,13
would love to have a no4 with my new partner, been sorta tryin since november but due to contraception issues and an underactive thyroid my body isnt as young as used to be and proving alot harder than my younger days....
Heres hoping ;)

My LO is 8.5 months old now and we started trying for number 2 in Dec - Its now day 28 and it appears I haven't ovulated at all (according to wee sticks). Before my first pregnancy I was roughly a 28 day cycle - so don't know what is happening. Dec was my first period since having my little one so maybe its just taking a while to settle down? - but I must say it is disappointing not even getting a positive for ovulation, let alone pregnancy! I am 37 this year and it is on my mind that I am now older and things may not be harder now. Good luck to everyone on this thread who is trying - lets hope 2011 brings us all some great news!

Milliroo, if you are nursing that can mess with your cycle and ovulation for six months to a year easily. Don't stress out about it too much yet. Also, cycles can change at any point for any or no reason so you just have to give it a little time and then try to figure out what your cycle is doing now.

I almost hate to admit this here, but all my pregnancies have been first tries.

#1 @33, my son Joshua
#2 @35, my son Kevin
#3 @38, miscarriage, very high nuchal number & normal chromosomes

Currently trying for #4 @38 and I'm feeling familiar symptoms. Hoping for a BFP next week...

For me, genetics are on my side, but I think some of the key things are dietary
- I take fish oil every day and have for years and years
- I eat butter, olive, and other natural & healthy oils
- I avoid trans fats like the plague
- I limit soda, never have done the diet thing
- I don't drink or eat non-fat dairy (I have since read that that it inhibits fertility)

Before TTC #1, I also went through a long series of acupuncture to get my migraines under control. It worked thankfully. I'm sure it didn't hurt getting pregnant either.

Hi

I am 38 and have had two miscarriages over the last year and a half. I conceived my son at the age of 34 and it was an accident on holiday. I just assumed that I would get pregnant again with any problems, how foolish was I! I really regret not trying sooner. However, I am determined to be positive and keep trying as my son would love a brother or sister. I have found that my endo can be kept at bay as long as I eat a mainly vegetarian diet and no wheat or diary. I cannot wait to get pregnant so that I can eat all I like! I would love to keep in touch with people on this site who are trying. I am just about to start my period having thought that I was pregnant this month. It is a nightmare as I seem to be able to convince myself every month that I am pregnant! And it is all in my mind! :wacko:

hi im 37 ttc baby no.11 i had my first at 17 and then i had a gap of 6 yrs then i have had one every 1-2 yrs it took me 6 months to conceive my last baby at 35 im hoping it wont take me too long this time,i do have a lp defect of only around 9 days but its never stopped me conceiving but i take ac and b100 complex to help with that. good luck to everyone.xxx

Hi ladies

Whilst we wait for our own TTC and Pregnancy forum for the Over 35s, I've started a new group in the Pregnancy Forum: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/590420-over-35-pregnant.html#post10181129

Feel free to join in.

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back