muscle seperation

h2407

Reaction score
Has anyone had this?

For past two weeks i have been getting a soreness in one area of my bump- it is getting worse and the feeling is bit like a burning sensation.

I visited the hospital last week to get checked over as was worried and everythign seems ok but they thought it might be muscles seperation. I have since read up on this and apparently this is easily diagnosed by a scan or physical examination.

It is getting worse and is making me think whether i should finish work early- i am due to finish a week tomorrow as it does feel worse when i am sat upright at my desk

i have my next Midwife appointment tomorrow so going to ask her to check me out properly- i just want to know properly what is going on

If anyone else out there has or is experiencing this let me know

I had it with my first and my muscles never went back together properly so this time my muscles are really bad, very weak. So weak I've been referred to physio. My midwife advised to try and not lift anything heavy, and I your bumps big you might be better with a support band to stop your muscles getting worse and you can use it after baby's born to keep things where they should be until your allowed to exercise again. I've been in hospital with the pain too, it's unbelievably painful. Mine was like sharp Stabbing pains and I panicked. Luckily I finish work next week. If your job involves you lifting a lot or using your stomach muscles, I'd say its best to go early if you need to xx

Thanks for your reply. Is muscle seperation easily diagnosed then? Because all i have had is the midwife in the hosp look over me and said she thought it was probabely muscular and that it could be muscle seperation but wanted the doctor to give an official diagnosis. then when the doctor saw me she barely touched my bump and just told me to come back if it got worse... so presuming it is this but who knows!

I've had it with both but went back to horse riding n between and its not been as bad this time.x

Thanks for your reply. Is muscle seperation easily diagnosed then? Because all i have had is the midwife in the hosp look over me and said she thought it was probabely muscular and that it could be muscle seperation but wanted the doctor to give an official diagnosis. then when the doctor saw me she barely touched my bump and just told me to come back if it got worse... so presuming it is this but who knows!

I'm not sure I just know that after I'd had my first, the midwife kept checking my stomach muscles.. Seeing how many finger apart they are. And I kept checking and they stayed quite apart. This time my midwife felt my bump and said my muscles were very soft so would refer me to physio to prevent any further separation. The band support will just do what your stomach muscles should be doing but simply can't. You can check your muscle seperation yourself, if you lie on your back (when bump is soft and baby isn't near the surface) and gently pushing your fingers above your belly button. I can feel a soft split, and muscles on either side. Mines quite squishy and far apart. Since you can't really do much during pregnancy, I'd really ask for a support band, otherwise it will get worse and be harder to fix once baby's here. Hope it's not too painful for you Hun. X

I had the same here with #2 and now with #3 there's a spot on my bumpy that is nearly unbearable when baby gets rolling around on it. Doc, MW, and massage therapist all said a belly support band and careful movement is about all you can do. I found that a heating pad was the best remedy and felt glorious!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->