Muscle weakness?

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
About 3 months ago I noticed I was loosing strength in my upper arms, now it it near impossible to lift my arms above my head, its awful, past 2 weeks I've noticed a change in my thighs now as well, struggling to get in and out of bed and up the stairs, and past 2 days my neck has been aching.

I've had my thyroid checked and a full blood count, their normal, I'm waiting for vitamin B12 to come back but other than that I'm not sure whats wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm really worried, I generally feel rubbish and just know something is not right IUKWIM?

x:flower:

If tests come back all clear it could be ME (chronic fatigue syndrome), it has lots of symptoms but no tests to diagnose, might be worth mentioning to ur gp x

If tests come back all clear it could be ME (chronic fatigue syndrome), it has lots of symptoms but no tests to diagnose, might be worth mentioning to ur gp x

Never heard of that, my mum mentioned MS?

That is another possibility and tests can be done to diagnose it, speak to your dr again especillay if u suspect MS xx

Ringing them in morning.

Would these things not come up in a full blood count?

My friend had CFS for a number of years. There is no test to diagnose for it, it is called a diagnosis of exclusion, so basically they will diagnose it if they have ruled other things out and you meet certain criteria.
If you suffer from anxiety and or depression then that could also cause these types of symptoms.
MS is another possibility but I understand that it usually affects one side of the body more than the other. It wouldn't show up in a blood count, you'd need an MRI to diagnose it.
I hope you find an answer soon, it doesn't sound nice.

Thank you, currently waiting on the phone, can't find my results now!

I do have some form of depression, was discussing it with my OH last night.

In a way I'm hoping something comes up so I can get treatment, hate not knowing whats going on!

The receptionist has just told me that someone has accessed my results and printed them off, so she has to send another copy to the doctor?? Wouldn't it be there anyway on the computer?

:hugs:i hope everyhing is okay, do let us know:) :hugs:

Doctor rang me this afternoon, vitamin B12 is low, but she's not concerned, told her about my legs weakening and now my neck is weak and my tongue is numb/tingling, she has booked me an appointment on Monday to discuss whats next, I'm hoping they refer for an MRI, I think thats the only thing thats going to show anything. x

Update...

I've been referred to a neurologist, said the appointment will be in a few weeks.

The doctor did a few reflex tests on me like using a small hammer on my knee, wrist and elbow, then she used a pointer metal thing to draw lines on the bottom of my foot, I did flinch for any of them.

So back to the waiting game!

x

Ideally the exercise are part of continued treatment once the initial pain has subsided. Muscle response to their requests only to place. When the injury has healed to restore the muscles to respond to the amount of work they were asked to do.

Update...

I've been referred to a neurologist, said the appointment will be in a few weeks.

The doctor did a few reflex tests on me like using a small hammer on my knee, wrist and elbow, then she used a pointer metal thing to draw lines on the bottom of my foot, I did flinch for any of them.

x

I am sure i replied to your other post - your symptoms sound very similar to mine. When you get your appt for the neurologist, ask them is they can test for the Myasthenia antibody. its not difinitive. I had 18months once referred to a neurologist of blood tests MRI, CT scans the works. Just an option hun, ask me anything if you are worried xxxxxxxxxxxx

Update...

x

I am sure i replied to your other post - your symptoms sound very similar to mine. When you get your appt for the neurologist, ask them is they can test for the Myasthenia antibody. its not difinitive. I had 18months once referred to a neurologist of blood tests MRI, CT scans the works. Just an option hun, ask me anything if you are worried xxxxxxxxxxxx

Whats Myasthenia hun? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"