My 1st ULTRASOUND appointment.

pushmug7

Reaction score
last saturday i went to the drs and she did an u/s on me and we saw an amazing bean with an amazing heartbeat at 134 bpm , i was 6.5 weeks but it measured 6.0 weeks when i looked worried she told me when its too early its harder to measure.
she also found a cyst (Corpus luteum) and told me if i felt some pain on the right side and that i shouldnt freak out if a little brown spotting took place.
so just yesterday i started feeling twinges on my right side so i googled :dohh: and the stories i read about cysts growing as big as a melon and needing surgery and causing miscarriage etc , etc .
now im really scared :cry:

don't worry, it was most likely just the corpeus leteum (sp?) cyst, it's what the baby thrives on before the placenta - is how my dr(s), multiple, explained it to me; very healthy, very normal- mine was even still there at my 13w2d scan. I was pretty sore in my left ovary, it'd come and go, just very tender.. until it disappeared..

All is well with me and bubs. xx

Coprus luteum is what ever women gets in their cycles and is not a cyst to get worried over as the pregnancy progresses it will decrease in size.

My last baby it was still visible at 8w but smaller it was completely gone by 12w scan.

Yes not worry about being dated back same happened to me but he/she caught up at 12w scan. x

thanx ladies , i will try to calm down and wait for the next appointment .:flower:

Hi Hun don't panic it might not grow I have got one and mine hasn't grown as of yet and still get pain in that side it just has to be checked at every us xz

With dd I was measuring a week behind at 6+4 and had lots of twinges. Dr said twinges were normal and baby caught up by 7+4! No need to worry!!

I had an ultrasound yesterday at 7 weeks and had a 3cm corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary xx

Amazing seeing that heart beat isn't it?

I also was dated a few days behind, but definitely not worried about it. They're so tiny at this stage, and each US machine will measure slightly different.
I also had a few scans after, and it was growing just like it was supposed to. The measurements now can be quite inaccurate!

i cant wait until i see my little bean again, i wont get another u/s till im around 14 weeks :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->