My 5 Year old son (habit)

MissRichards

Mother to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
He often shrugs his shoulders kind of like a twitch if that makes sense?? More so when he is nervous or upset... I'm not overly worried but would like peoples comments on this, it started i would say about 18 months ago, no problems at home or school, if anything upsets him he tells me or my mum

Hello!

My sister's son is now 12 and has had similar kind of ticks at various times in his life, they seem to go of their own accord and I think lots of children grow out of it as they get older. It may just be something he's picked up which isn't a tick but a habit, though it sounds like it is linked to nerves as you said it's when he's upset. I've done a little research to help out my sister and the best advice seems to be not to worry and to not draw attention to it. Apparently my partner did similar things when he was younger, but grew out of it when he was a teenager.

Thanks for ur advice :) i do ignore it but just don't want it to get worse :( x

I think if it gets worse you can get advice from your GP, they may be able to give you an idea of how serious they think it is. My nephew went through a stage of pulling out a small patch of his own hair, but he stopped after a while but they did see the GP too.

Best of luck with him, it sounds like you're doing the right things with him.

I actually remember my older brother doing this when he was a child too. Nothing ever became of it. He stopped in his own time and is now 21 and i can say ive not seen him do it for a good 14/15 years! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->