My 5yo wants to know how baby comes out of my tummy?? what do i say?

I'd tell the truth too. You dont need to go into detail, just say the baby comes out of your girly parts :shrug:

My daughter and I spoke about this when I was pregnant for my son. She was 3 almost 4 at the time. I just kept it simple. She has asked again this time, now 7. I have always been honest. This time I got the well how do they get there quesiton. Just told her that when you love someone like me and Daddy do, God will pick the time. That was good enough for her..... for now. :)

I had a mega embarassing moment on this subject last week. I was watching obem one day as I'd recorded it and Evie walked into the room at the moment when the head was crowning. She started asking questions and I was a bit flustered but couldn't really get out of it when she said 'whats coming out of her bits', so I was truthful and said thats where babies come out.

Then roll on Saturday night OH's mum and dad come round for a chat and a glass of wine and she was asking her grandma if daddy was in her belly, grandma said 'yes' to which Evie replied 'did he come out of your bits'.

Honestly I didn't know where to put my face :blush:

I had a mega embarassing moment on this subject last week. I was watching obem one day as I'd recorded it and Evie walked into the room at the moment when the head was crowning. She started asking questions and I was a bit flustered but couldn't really get out of it when she said 'whats coming out of her bits', so I was truthful and said thats where babies come out.

Then roll on Saturday night OH's mum and dad come round for a chat and a glass of wine and she was asking her grandma if daddy was in her belly, grandma said 'yes' to which Evie replied 'did he come out of your bits'.

Honestly I didn't know where to put my face :blush:

:haha::haha:
Thats very funny. My own daughter did something similar on me a while back. She was talking to my Nana(86)about were babies come from, and my nana was trying to sell her some lie about where they come from, and Ellie pipes up, its ok Granny, you dont have to explain I already know that babies come out of your bum!!!! My nana nearly died of shock and threw me a killer look and said somethng along the lines of "Jesus Christ is nothing sacred anymore!!!"

Kids are pricelss, so honest

My son thinks his sister came out my bum lol he just came out with it one day and i didnt know what to say, he asked if girls have willies, i said no and heasked what they have, omg i had to change the subject, then when i was changing his baby sister after she was born, he said "oh girls have 2 bums :rofl: ha ha ha

Ds was 5 when lo was born and asking so I was honest but vague. I said out of mummy's bits , he asked if it hurt and I said sometimes a bit bit that's why mummy will go to hospital so the drs can help it not hurt. He was happy and said he'd look after my Handbag so the drs didn't have to worry about it while I was busy!!

Simple truth worked best for me with tough questions from my god-daughters. "Waht is that? why are they so big?" (about my boobs) "Where is mommy?" "When is daddy coming home?"

Truth is best. Stories proven wrong later in life will only teach them that you can't be trusted for real info.

hehe sorry for dragging up an old post and all you women getting emails about it again haha but i had to giggle at it all, there used to be so many different ways we were told babies are born! can you imagine the arguments at school we had! my mummy said she picked me from the cabbage patch, well thats not right, my mummy said the stork brought babies, well my mummy told me that they deliver the babys to your door in the night, well my daddy told me that daddies put their winkies in mummy to plant the seed ... trust daddies to not have the imagination lol!!

How did it go with telling your daughter?
my DD isnt too fussed about it as she is just about to turn 3, she knows baby is in my tummy but hasnt asked how to get it out lol! shes quite clever and i think il just tell her that it comes out of mummys front bum, but only mummys can have babys. so that way she wont be scared of it happening to her lol! i have a fabulously horrid book, its a god approach to the birds and the bees, its a lil too graphic for the age its aimed at for me, goes into far too much detail all about sperm, eggs and having a good time in bed with shivers of happiness because god wants them to have fun making babies :wacko: even i couldn't read it without giggling and blushing! its aimed at 5 yr olds!!

i had to get it, it will be an amazingly funny gift for DDs 21st or her wedding day assuming she hasnt had kids before then!

If you didnt want to tell her how they are born you could just say that you dont know, the baby is in your tum and then the doctor gets the baby out but you have to close your eyes and count to 10 like in hide and seek lol! but make sure you state that only mummies can have babies so that they dont get worried.

...or you could think of a new way each week so it becomes more of a game than them actually wanting to find out and you never know they might stick and believe 1 or just give up for a while xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->