My 8 month old boy eats more than my 4 year old girl!!

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Lucid Arts, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Lucid Arts

Lucid Arts Ella 05/04 & Dexter 02/08

is this normal??? lol

Ella eats hardly anything, her normal school day is bowl of ceral in the morning, half her sandwich, a few grapes for lunch (and leaves everything else), a couple of biscuits and maybe 10 mouthfuls of her dinner.

She's healthy enough, but is pretty slim (but always has been even as a baby) - at what point do you get help? I've tried everything!

Or, is this something that I shouldn't be worrying about?

N.x

2. sam's mum

sam's mum mum of two gorgeous boys

Your thread title made me laugh, sorry! Babies do need loads of calories, as they are growing at a much faster rate than a 4 year old, and also starting to burn off more calories as they start to move around more. Sam's nearly 8 months too and I'm amazed by how much he eats! You might want to speak to your doctor and find out how much she should be getting in a day - if she can't manage to eat too much then maybe some higher calorie but healthy meals would be good for her? Is she still having about 3 cups of full fat milk a day? x

3. xXhayleyXx

xXhayleyXx Happy mummy of 6 :)

My 4 year old boy eats more than his 9 year old and 11 year old sisters and always have b ut they are all as healthy as eachother. Think some kids need more calories than others xx

4. Lucid Arts

Lucid Arts Ella 05/04 & Dexter 02/08

Thanks both.

5. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

i worry too. my 21month old hardly eats a thing and weighs only 20lb, my 4month old weighs 14lb and is very chubby.

im sure they will even out eventually!

6. KarenLV

KarenLV Well-Known Member

Boys generally eat a lot more than girls.Stock up that fridge!:rofl: