My 8 month old boy eats more than my 4 year old girl!!

Lucid Arts

Ella 05/04 & Dexter 02/08
Reaction score
is this normal??? lol

Ella eats hardly anything, her normal school day is bowl of ceral in the morning, half her sandwich, a few grapes for lunch (and leaves everything else), a couple of biscuits and maybe 10 mouthfuls of her dinner.

She's healthy enough, but is pretty slim (but always has been even as a baby) - at what point do you get help? I've tried everything!

Or, is this something that I shouldn't be worrying about?

N.x

Your thread title made me laugh, sorry! Babies do need loads of calories, as they are growing at a much faster rate than a 4 year old, and also starting to burn off more calories as they start to move around more. Sam's nearly 8 months too and I'm amazed by how much he eats! You might want to speak to your doctor and find out how much she should be getting in a day - if she can't manage to eat too much then maybe some higher calorie but healthy meals would be good for her? Is she still having about 3 cups of full fat milk a day? x

My 4 year old boy eats more than his 9 year old and 11 year old sisters and always have b ut they are all as healthy as eachother. Think some kids need more calories than others xx

i worry too. my 21month old hardly eats a thing and weighs only 20lb, my 4month old weighs 14lb and is very chubby.

im sure they will even out eventually!

Boys generally eat a lot more than girls.Stock up that fridge!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back