My advice is to stop drinking alcohol

Babushka

Reaction score
Hi all,

I meant to go to the Pregnancy Over 35 section but accidentally landed in this one. Well I felt like sharing my story after seeing your posts to give you some advice and hope.

I am 39 and 11 weeks pregnant. My partner & I had sex for over 8 months without any protection and I only fell pregnant when I stopped consuming alcohol. I'm now sure our bodies are more delicate than they used to be and am convinced this is the reason we got lucky that month.

Good luck to you all, just wanted to share :baby:

Congrats!!! And a H&h 9 months

How long we're you not drinking before you got the positive test?

It was only 8 weeks. Actually I didn't completely stop but went from having 5 drinks a week (usually on the one night) to having 1 drink every 2 weeks. Moderation must be the key!

Thank u!! I think it's a factor too & reduced intake to one a week

Thanks for the insight!!
Congrats

I'm teetotal and it hasn't helped!!! Different things for different people i guess!

Hi all,

I meant to go to the Pregnancy Over 35 section but accidentally landed in this one. Well I felt like sharing my story after seeing your posts to give you some advice and hope.

I am 39 and 11 weeks pregnant. My partner & I had sex for over 8 months without any protection and I only fell pregnant when I stopped consuming alcohol. I'm now sure our bodies are more delicate than they used to be and am convinced this is the reason we got lucky that month.

Good luck to you all, just wanted to share :baby:

Thanks v much for sharing.

What about OH? Does he drink?

I agree.. I quit drinking a couple of months ago and today I found out that hubby's sperm count is low.. and I am CONVINCED it's because he drinks. He usually has 2 beers a night and enjoys wine too, and I just know that's an issue. I am curious, did your hubby stop drinking as well? Please let us know, and congrats to you on your BFP!!

Hmmm...it must be a ymmv thing, where everyone is different. I drank a few beers a night for months and it happened. My fiancee drinks a lot more than I do.

I did stop using nsaids the week before ovulating, I think that may have helped me. Along with relaxing and saying the hell with it all. *shrug*

Yup, we had a serious week long major-over-indulgance champagne fuelled honeymoon and it happened then. That was fun! We had been NPNT for a year and a half prior to that. So I too think every one is different and am of the belief it'll happen when it happens if it happens.

I'm usually an everything in moderation kind of person.

I am 38 and did not stop consuming alcohol prior to getting pregnant. I agree with previous posters, what works for some doesn't always work for others. Moderation is key though.

Drinking too much chronically strips alot of vitamins out of your body. I seriously feel poisoned if i drink too much, feel so much better with less so that has to impact a persons healthiness. Having said that my SIL both got knocked up right away and consume moderate amounts so maybe it makes a big effect if you have other issues like endo or ovulation probs..I think my dh sperm probably wonky from rum and coke. His B12 was really low when he had bloods so it does take a toll

avoid alcohol to safe your pregnancy.. its not good for normal women to right??

I stopped drinking all together, even though I was not a drinker, social once in a while... thats it... lol I hear antibiotics can help in getting pregnant too.. I got a UTI and I'm taking antibiotics now.. hoping it works for me this month.. I'm feeling hopeful.. Plus I ate the pineapple core for 5 days after OV... So far so good.. I will know within a few days if I'm pregnant...

Congratulations and Thank you for sharing this info... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->