My apologies

alison29

Reaction score
I really offended some fertile people when i was empathizing on a thread with some long term ttcers. I was only trying to find a silver lining in the long journey some of us find ourselves on. I just voiced an observation about women in "My limited experience" that resent having to take care of their kids JUST in my life I never made a blanket statement about all fertile people. It was wrong of me to say and everyone appreciates their kids the same okay? I should never have said anything so subjective and through the filters of my experience. I am so very very very sorry. I never knew pregnant people read the ttc boards so I did not consider what a hugely controversial thing it was to say and how offensive I came across.. Tail between the legs I scurry away from the pregnant masses. :cry:

I would not worry hun! Some people are easily offended and whatever we write we will annoy someone! We all have different opinions and can't please everyone....

There are some good parents and some bloody terrible ones. Period.

Hugs x

It is hard when we don´t know who we are talking to, or rather who is reading it, to always hit the right note on here. I think we need an abbreviation like this NOMTAWMTI
no offense meant to anyone who might take it.
It is brave to apologize publicly like this, I don´t know who you upset but I hope they see that your making up for it and let it lie too.

I really offended some fertile people when i was empathizing on a thread with some long term ttcers. I was only trying to find a silver lining in the long journey some of us find ourselves on. I just voiced an observation about women in "My limited experience" that resent having to take care of their kids JUST in my life I never made a blanket statement about all fertile people. It was wrong of me to say and everyone appreciates their kids the same okay? I should never have said anything so subjective and through the filters of my experience. I am so very very very sorry. I never knew pregnant people read the ttc boards so I did not consider what a hugely controversial thing it was to say and how offensive I came across.. Tail between the legs I scurry away from the pregnant masses. :cry:

Huh? :shrug:

No idea what caused such a controversy........but I will say that you are right, not all people appreciate their kids. Some people don't even like to parent their children, which makes me wonder why in the world they don't stop at one.

Personally, I've done the infertility thing twice, but I've also had a baby just fall into my lap with no effort. I would never take offense to a comment about 'fertile' women not appreciating their children, or resenting them; because I know how I feel about my children, so clearly you are not talking about me! :thumbup:

:hugs:

I know what you mean. I was sat yesterday in early pregnancy unit having a miscarriage. There were 2 women sat opposite me complaining about how long they had been waiting. They then went onto talking about how much of pain in the arse their kids were. I was like ' SHUT UP!!! I am losing my baby here. Do you not realise how lucky you are to have 2 already at home' (Obviously, that was in my head. I wouldn't dare say it out loud in case they punched me on the nose:-( ).

Needless to say her scan was great and her baby inside her was great and I felt fedup and tearful. Then the other night there was this programe on TV about this women who was pregnant and drank, smoked and over dosed twice. I had just started to lightly bleed then and was mortified. Ah well, rant over...

to answer you question about who i upset read Jodes journal. I was just checking in on her and read some one elses' post about what "wankers" we are on the LTTC thread. Seriously some hate coming though the computer. All I responded to it was "Wow" and immediately tried to make right my part in whatever offended soem people.
And some how that pissed her off even more. I have been afraid to come on here if every one hates me :(

This "wanker" doesn't hate you. I stick to the ltttc thread for the most part. I know everyone on it knows how to take me and has felt what I'm feeling so it's safe.

hell i got told off the other day. i was told i was being supportive enough.. *sigh* just because i disagree with you doesnt mean im bashing your choices (especially odd as far as i was concerned as the whole reason i posted was because the first common made a rather inflammatory statement that i was reacting to). i find i have to bite my tongue quite frequently in many threads. we all have our superstitions etc (heh im a huge gym rat, i dont think that working out is a risk in the tww, but im not working out this time because, well it cant hurt not to, and i did last time and didnt get pregnant etc). hormones are flying on here

Personally I have always wondered why, if your children are such pita's, do you keep having more?? Some people just don't appreciate the GIFT they are given when they conceive and carry to term. Yes, I have 5 children, but I also have 7 angel babies. Why people who have children complain about them ALL THE TIME is beyond me. I appreciate and love my children very much. Do they get on my nerves on occasion?? HELL YES!!! That's life though. We all can't be Ms Mary Sunshine with perfect little angels all the time. Those that take offense might have a bit of a guilty conscience. But, that's just my opinion.

I wouldnt worry about it hun. Is obvious you didnt mean it the way it perhaps came out. Some people do making sweeping generalisations on these forums so I guess it was construed that way because other people do it. :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->