My baby bedding is ruined

Maybe spare a few pennies to get him a toy or two that can stay at yours? That way you wont feel to guilty about him having nothing or keeping him away from your baby's things.

I'm sorry about your bedding.I hope you can get the stains out xx

he was dry when he was laid down for a nap, but you never know when a baby is going to explode on ya :) I know, I know...I pretty much ASKED for this situation but it doesn't make it any more fun to deal with, ya know? I got it cleaned up, ate some lunch, and now I'm calming down...thanks for letting me bitch :)

That must be dissappointing, I hope the stains come out!

:-( not sure hun, i'd just think to myselffff dohhhhh and then sort it out myself

hehe glad you calmed down. life can be a bitch but never mind xxx

Everyone is right, I didn't have to let him near my babies new things, and because i decided to, it's my fault. I can accept that, even though the situation is annoying!!! :) From this point on, my kids stuff is mine, and her kids stuff is hers

That is the only sensible way to think.

but the problem with that is that I feel so guilty because he has nothing. he doesn't even have a toy to play with!!! EVERYTHING he uses here is mine...

I really don't know what to suggest - you just can't do other people's parenting for them :nope:. You either have to (somehow) accept the situation - since you cannot change her - and give the little boy what love and care you can OR you walk away... (less stressful for you, but...).

Sorry, tough situation :hugs:

QT

If you knew she was a crap parent,sounds like you should know to check it's nappy anyway,it sounds like you made a mistake and are trying to get someone else to pay for it to be honest.
If it was me, no other child would be going in my babys crib in the first place !!!

Considering everything you've said about this woman and the way she is with money and her child, I don't like your chances of getting her to compensate you for the bedding.

I just feel so bad for the poor little boy having to live in those conditions. :(

i would tell her what happened and how annoyed you are and leave it to her whether she offers to replace it or not, but either way i would tell her she has to bring him a travel cot / pushchair to sleep in if he is to sleep while he is with you as you dont want to use you babies things anymore.
i understand it is a frustrating situation but i dont think there is too much you can do about it other than making a point of telling her that his nappy wasnt on properly and this is why it happened and then preventing it from happening again.
i feel for the boy if she really is that bad :(
i dont think you can really ask her to pay out though as it was your choice to put lo in your cot, although if it was me i would offer, just see what she says ?

I know, I was just upset in the moment but everyone here helped me see things more clearly and I truly appreciate it. I have wacky hormones plus the situation just plain sucked regardless but it's done now and I think what I'm going to do is pick up some spare crib sheets at a consignment shop and save my babies stuff.

She shouldnt really be expected to pay for the sheets. Babies do pee and poo. It wasnt her fault he did it! And obviously you cant punish the baby, cuz its not really his fault either. So just put it down as experience and forget about it! Accidents happen. Hope you manage to find some new cheaper sheets and maybe a toy or 2 :)
xx

I totally understand why you're so peed off and I don't think it's really to do with the leaky nappy. It must be tough dealing with such a witch, and this is just the last straw.

Glad youve vented and feel a bit better. Xxx

I would just wash it. It's not ruined unless you let it sit for a while and it stained the fabric. It's bound to happen with your baby as well. Maybe put the boy you baby sit to bed in another spot?

Oh no I'd be gutted if my bed sheets were wrecked...and I wouldn't want to use them for my newborn baby knowing that someone had pooed all over them no matter how clean they were :( I wouldn't have let the baby sleep with my new stuff but thats a personal choice. Hope you manage to get it sorted, but like hivechild said....she doesn't sound the kind of person who would replace them from the kindness of her heart!! I would do if I was her, but maybe begrudgingly as I'd feel you shouldn't have used them.

Ah well, whats done is done eh :) glad you're feeling better!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"