My baby born last week at 34+3! Traumatic birth though..

Congratulations - and well done on making it to 34+3.

I'm so shocked at how you were treated by the hospital. I felt similar (although nothing like on the same scale) after my section when two women came to give me a bed bath - I am VERY shy about my body - and I mean serious issues about people seeing me naked! - and they were not at all discreet. DH was sitting in the chair next to the bed and they were too busy talking to him and not really concentrating on what they were doing, and they kept leaving me completely uncovered and not washing me. I kept pulling the towels back over me till they were ready but they just pulled them back off and kept talking! I was soooo embarrassed, I really could have cried. Then I asked DH to get me a bra out of my bag because I really wanted one on under my nightie, and they wouldn't let me!!!! They didn't give me any reason, but I'm so much comfier with one on, especially when I was getting FIL and my parents visiting later that day. I was absolutely miserable and that experience has never left me, even though it's nothing like as traumatic as what you went through.

Your little boy is absolutely gorgeous. xxxxx

Congratulation on the birth :flower:

Regardless of other peoples thoughts, if you are unhappy about your treatment then you should complain. I think it is awful that you said no and they continued... I hope you get an apology! x

:hugs: that is awful. Put a complaint in hun.

Huge congrats on your little man though, he is perfect :flower:

so sorry about your birth experience. that sounds utterly horrendous

i also had an AWFUl experience from start to finish. Did you give birth at the JR? All I am hearing from people I have met in recent months, is how bad the maternity services are at the JR. I am still too traumatised to talk about my experience (made all the worse for the staff at the JR) and have flashbacks/nightmares too

Please please please write and complain to them about it. I am doing so. My letter is 4 pages so far and a work in progress

I am even thinking about contacting the media about the JR as it is SO BAD and there are too many stories like ours our these right now.

Sorry for the rant and hijak! Hugs xx

you need to go to another police station or go higher up for one as yes i would class that as assault. my husband would have knocked the drs to the floor had they done that with me .
congrats on ur little one :flower:

Congrats on your adorable baby boy. He is so lovely! I'm so glad to hear your anesthetist stood up for your rights. As a patient, you have the right to refuse care, and none should ever be forced on you. That is so sad that they tried to do so. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->