My baby born with bells/ facial palsy

bells_query

Reaction score
Folks,

Can anyone advise? My baby was born 8 weeks ago with facial/ bells palsy, the Obgyn told me she was lying on the pelvic bone which damaged the nerve. None of the doctors I've seen are worried & keep telling me she will recover in time.

We are waiting to a neurologist but I'm still waiting for appointment. I've also brought her to a cranial osteopath (no joy).

The thing is I had bell's myself just before I had my first baby & recovered fully within 3 weeks !!
Should I be worried if I see now improvement now she more or less won't recover?

Anyone with similar experience ? Would love to hear your story or help on recovery for a baby.

Thanks

Sorry no advice but just wanted to congratulate you on the birth of your little girl. :hugs:

I don't know much but my friend had Bells Palsy and its taken a year or so for recovery. So it can be slow but it will happen. xx

Thanks folks, hope I get some reply it seems so rare in babies so it has me worried it could be some underlying problem Doctors are not picking up (or even bothered to look)

my oh knows someone whos wife just suddenly developed it! it dissapeared after 2 months, so hopefully it wont be long and your lil girl will recover.

Not quite the same as a baby but my DH had this in a couple of months ago. He made a full recovery in about 4 weeks. I think the prognosis can depend on the type of palsy. Slight drooping and inability to wrinkle forehead (on one side), often mean less severe case. Hope you baby recovers quickly :hugs:

hi, congrats on your baby! i developed Bells palsy when i was 37 weeks pregnant and it took about 6 months for mine to clear up compleatley even though it was quite a mild case. i hope you little one gets better soon. but in the mean time make sure you enjoy these first few weeks, and don't let this overshadow thos first precious time with your newborn. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->