My Baby boy born on his DUE DATE yay

Staceiz19

Mother of 2, 1 on the way
Reaction score
Well i had my baby 11/10/10 on his due date,

i had a bloody show early hours of 10/10/10 and that kinda went on through out the day then 2am 11/10/10 i woke up to period like cramps and i wasnt sure wether it was anything so istarted to time them and first one was like 20 min apart then 15 then they jumped to 5-8 mins apart and then 4 mins apart so i called the hospital and they said come in . So got to the hospital bout 4:30 - 5am . The lady put me on the baby heart rate and contraction monitor until i couldnt lie down anymore cos the contractions were intensifying to the point where i couldnt lie down so she said i'll do an internal and to my suprise she was like your 5 cm dialate ( i was not expecting that at all as it was only 5:30 and the pains started at 2 and they werent THAT bad for a while oh and the fact that my first labour was 26 hours! ) anyway she sent me up to the birth suite where i just kept pacing up and down in the room as i couldnt lie down or sit down without being in lots of pain. Then i jumped into a hot shower for a while. then at about 9-9:30am i asked for an epidural as at this stage the contractions were coming like every 1 min and very intense and they said oh u should try pethedine or g &a i was like nooo , the epidural lol antyway the midwife kept trying to put the bunion thing in to give me fluids but couldnt get it to work so she had to get the doc to do it and then she did and then the doctor said i have to do an internal to check if you can have the epidural and of course! i was 8 cm so nope no epidural for me lol. I was gutted so they were like well how bout you try the gas and air so i was like sure i want something haha. The gas and air was actually pretty good for me haha made me feel like a drunk and it somewhat dulled the contractions. Also i was having really BAD back pain so they gave me water injections (ouch) The midwife said theyhurt like hell but they work pretty good. So i had them and it took away ALOT of the backpain which was good. Anyway they got me pushing around 11 cos i was fully dialated and nothing was happening so they checked and there was something blocking the babys head from coming down so they got the doc to check and he looked and said he wasnt sure what it was tried to push it away but it came straight back anyway they decided that i/the baby would be able to push hard enough past it . i was thinking at this stage omgggg this is gona go on forever!!
Anyway we ended up pushing past it and then i started feeling bubs crowning (ouchy!) but relief at the same time and then i was pushing with the urges but then midwife is like STOP! and she told me to just breath n little pushes as she was trying to get his nose out which she did and then another STOP as his little chin got stuck so i had to breath through that and then they got that out AND THEN i had to stop again because once his head came out all the waters came out with it! Finally at 1:23pm, 8lbs 10 (His big sisters weight was 8 lbs 11!) 11/10/10 i pushed the rest of my little kaden out.

He had meconium in the waters but he came out absolutley fine his apgar score was 9 after 1 min and a 10 after 5 mins.

Attachments

• 12102010874.jpg
    12102010874.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 13102010906.jpg
    13102010906.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 13102010904.jpg
    13102010904.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online