my baby boy has arrived!! don't read if your nervous....

mummytori

proud mummy
Reaction score
sorry its a bit late - but my team yellow bump had joined team blue!!

the beautiful edward albert arrived 23/7/11, weighing 6lb 9oz :happydance::happydance::happydance:

so here goes with my birth story - as some of you may have known, i had been getting monitered for high blood pressure thru the last few weeks of pregnancy, no other symptoms, but bp was getting to 150/105+.
i finally got offered induction on my EDD, the 22nd, so went in at 8am, and after a few checks got given the first round of gels at 11am. nothing happened at all, so at 5.30pm i had another dose, and thats when things started happening instantly. i started to get horrible tightenings every 5-7 minutes which continued all thru the night, hardly got any sleep at all, but still no more action.
the next morning i got put on the monitor, the contractions were hardly registering although i could feel them really strong, and they noticed the babys heart rate was starting to significantly drop, so called for a doctor to come check us. when she went to check my cervix my waters broke in her hands, full of baby poo, he was definitely in distress and i was only 2cms dilated, so they rushed me to the labour ward and told me to phone OH to get there ASAP.
once in the delivery room they tried to get me in differnt positions to check the moniter some more but they couldn't stabilise his heart rate and told me i was gonna have to have an emergency section, and that as i had an ovarian cyst, they would deal with that at the same time. OH still wasn't at the hospital. by this time i was terrified, couldn't stop shaking, and everyone was doing stuff really fast, it was pretty overwhelming.
i got rushed into theatre just as OH arrived, he was scrubbing up as they tried to do the spinal block, but they couldn't get it in fast enough and decided i would have to have a general anaesthetic, so just as OH was about to come into the room he was told he wasn't allowed in.
so that is as much as i remember!!
what happened next - i was knocked out, edward was delivered with his cord round his neck and inhaling poo, so had to be suctioned out and resuscitated, then taken out to tom after about 30 mins. once they started to work on the cyst they discovered that it was as large as the baby, and they had to take my left overy out with it.

happy ending tho - edward is now completely perfect and i am recovering at home, ive been told to leave it at least 2 years before we consider more children as it was a very difficult section and i lost alot of blood, but everthing is going well at home :kiss:
hope this doesn't freak anyone out too much, tom and i both had the frights of our lives but it was all worth it, edward is an absolute dream come true and were getting used to being a very happy family :hugs:

Wow, that must have been scary :hugs: Huge congratulations to you, and welcome to your Edward :hugs:

aaawww so pleased to hear your little Edward is safe and sound after such a traumatic entry into the world and that you're doing well too!! Enjoy every moment with him :) xx

Congratulations! Glad everything was well in the end. I hope you have a fast recovery x x x

I'm so glad to hear that you and baby are both okay and doing well. :hugs: Congratulations!

Congratulations on your lil man :hugs: glad your both ok!! X

Yay! Congratulations, so glad both of you are doing fine! Btw, such a lovely name for your little man. :happydance:

Didn't realise you had it so rough hun:(

but glad everything worked out, your a mummy now, about time i say :p

Didn't realise you had it so rough hun:(

but glad everything worked out, your a mummy now, about time i say :p

lol, oh yes, we had a pretty rough ride!! but he's here now an just plain perfect :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->