My baby bunny turned into a little girl x x

meglet_nz

Reaction score
Heck what an experience! Totally amazing though...

I began contracts on sat morning after a sweep on Friday but nothing massive til Sunday. Went to hosp at 2pm sunday and sent home as only 2cm dilated and not classified as established labour. Come back when contractions are 3 mins apart they said.

Went home and contracts got increasingly painful and more frequent, blessed Tens machine kept me going. By Strictly Come Dancing results time, they were about 4 mins apart and I was moaning through them. DH rang hospital who said they were full and to hang tight while they found me somewhere else to go. Arggggh!!! Fortunately they ran back quickly and we were sent on to Guildford which is about 30 minutes away. I howled all the way there, poor DH.

Got to the hosp about 8pm and was examined and was now 6cm - I was so relieved that I'd made progress and wouldn't be sent home that I could have wept. I had wonderful gas and air which made everything bearable. Then little baby bunny who'd been taking her time to appear decided to step everything up a gear. I'd been terrified of pushing and was all ready to get drugs but I was fully dilated by 10.20pm and it pushing time, no chance for drugs just the tens machine as was told gas and air can impede pushing. Not much choice but to go ahead and do it.

I pushed for one and a half hours in various positions before they decided to cut me. By this stage I didn't mind as I was shattered. A few snips later and another push and her head came out. We heard a cry and my DH who had been super amazing said to me, come on - one more push and with everything I had, I pushed and she arrived.

My beautiful baby girl (no name yet) born at 12 minutes past midnight on the 12th of the 12th - much to dad's delight as his lucky number - weighing 9lbs 4 ounces. She is amazing and worth every stitch. The midwives were phenomenal and so supportive. I lost 750ml of blood and had to stay in two nights but we are home now and doing really well. I'll put pics up when I can work out how to.

Thank you so much to everyone on B and B for your support and advice with all my questions and worries during the preg. Now on to the next stage of questions and what to do! X :hugs: x :hugs: x

Sounds amazing! Congrats and enjoy your new daughter! :)

Huge congratulations to you and your family -- and welcome to your beautiful little girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->