My baby doesn't cry when he is hungry!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds strange but my baby doesnt cry when he is hungry...he can go through the whole night without a feed and not cry in the morning...however he will cry when he is sleepy...i fnd that bottle feeding him is becimng a guessing game...anyone had a similar experience??xx

hi LaDY, i saw your post and my babygirl is exactly the same!! family thinks i'm crazy or something is wrong with her. thank you for your post. how is your son doing? Does he cry for food now?

I know this sounds strange but my baby doesnt cry when he is hungry...he can go through the whole night without a feed and not cry in the morning...however he will cry when he is sleepy...i fnd that bottle feeding him is becimng a guessing game...anyone had a similar experience??xx

hi LaDY, i saw your post and my babygirl is exactly the same!! family thinks i'm crazy or something is wrong with her. thank you for your post. how is your son doing? Does he cry for food now?

this thread is a couple of years old, I'm not sure how active the OP is on the forum any longer as she now has a toddler to run after ;)

you may want to start your own thread asking for help? see if anyone has had the same :flower:

thank you to all that replied and eased my mind. everyone that i knew never hear of their child being this way. I will keep watch of her weight and go from there. Alot happened last month and I made some drastic changes to her diet last month, so maybe that could be a reason for the decrease appetite. I guess i will return to my normal feeding routine and diet and watch her weight. hopefully she will gain more than 1 lb next month!! i was so in distraught that i changed pediatricians that night.

My 3 mo daughter doesn't cry for the bottle when she is hungry. I took her to her doc n he was concerned that she might be autistic n said that all babies should cry n be fed on demand only. I wasn't that concern about her feeding because she was taking 4-5 oz every 4 hours, but in the last month she has eaten only 3-4 oz every feeding! She usually finishes the bottle but now I have to burp her N wait to see if she will take it again within the hour, something I haven't done until she turned 2 mo! She gained 1lb since last month n is alert n happy. She started cooing n now she gets easily woken up from sleep n takes 1 or 2, 20-45 min naps bw feedings n she use to tAke 1-2 hr naps too!! First time mom concerned that my daughter autistic! PleAse help

Hi hun. I think what ur doc told u is nonesense. Mine used to sleep almost all day. Until he was 7.5 mnths old he used to sleep 13 hrs at night & takes 4 hrs naps. He's sooo alert & hyper. At 8 mnths it all changed. Now he fghts sleep like crazy & he cat nap once or twice a day. His development is great & he doesnt show any signs of autism. Until now he's not keen about food or bottles, & we schedule his feeds since he was tiny. It takes him 1 hr to finish 1 bottle & he never went for more than 6 oz bottles. xx

thank you!! Did you wake your little one up every 4 hours even if he is napping to feed and also wake him up in the morning to feed. I was told by my pediatrician to wake my DS if she sleeps past 8 hours and also during day if she naps. Also, did you have an issue with eating the same amount or less of formula per day for the one month already.

i dunno tbh as i dont know how old you lo is, but by 9 weeks Lana was sleeping through all night and she never cried for a feed when she woke, or any other time for that matter as by the time she got to 6/8 weeks it was very easy to read when she needed a bottle

Update please

This thread is very old so I will lock to save confusion as the original poster hasn't been here for years.
Feel free to start your own thread to ask for help :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back