My baby doesnt like me :(

Per16

Reaction score
I feel like crying for the last few days my 11 week old daughter cries everytime she comes to me and will only settle with her dad :cry: absolutely every time she comes anywhere near me she cries and it is breaking my heart, I BF on demand, I co sleep, I never let her cry, I wear her in a sling, talk to her always and am trying to be the best mom I can and still she doesnt like me or want to be with me, its so sad, i feel like changing to bottles and just letting her be with her dad who she adores and who is the only one who can stop her tears, I am in tears now and am not even looking forward to xmas, I did absolutely everything last night to stop her crying for hours I tried and as soon as she went to her dad she fell asleep, its so heartbreaking, I know maybe I am being irratinional but I am hurt :cry:

Aw your post made me feel really sad. I have felt this way too at times, when LO has been crying for hours and then daddy takes him and he's all smiles. It hurts! But i try to tell myself that i am the one who LO spends most time with so he will feel most secure with me and that's why he feels safe to cry when he's with me. I know he suffers a lot with wind so no wonder he cries, the poor thing. so i try to tell myself that it's actually a sign of how close our relationship is, that he cries more when he's with me than when he's with other people. If you think of yourself when you are upset, you would probably put on a brave face with most people and only let it out with someone you felt completely safe with. that might be rubbish but it makes me feel a bit better.
:hug: I'm sure your baby does love you and so does mine and we'll see it in time. Just keep doing what you are doing, it sounds like you are a great mum

Oh hun big hugs. She does love you lots your her mummy and it sounds like you're doing a great job!

Oh sweetheart:hugs::hugs:
Your LO does not hate you! It's most likely because she spends more time with you so daddy is 'interesting', plus if you're worked up they do pick up on it so she'll be upset as you're upset (yet more evidence she loves you very much!)

The third thing I found, especially in the early days and weeks is that when my daughters were with me they could obviously smell their milk and that's all they ever wanted from me and cried when I was doing anything other than feeding them whereas they were happy with OH! :cry:

Please don't give up breastfeeding because of it, and try try try to enjoy your Christmas. Remember breastfeeding is developing a bond between you and her and is something the two of you exclusively share!

Have you tried speaking to your OH about how you're feeling lovely? Perhaps a little case of delayed baby blues. :hugs::flower:

dont worry, i think its quite normal for breast fed babies to be unsettled with their mums as they can smell the milk, this is what happens with my lo. happy christmas xxx:hugs:

awwww she's a daddy's girl already! try not to take it personally hun...she probably just wants daddy because she doesn't have as much time with him so he's different and interesting to her. she'll outgrow it. :)

They totally go through stages like that. Charlotte will want Daddy ONLY for a good long while....then it'll be only me. She LOVES YOU! :hug:

I, too, am quite sure she loves and depends on you. You are doing a great job. I am sure she will outgrow this stage and be able to express herself in a better way to you soon.

:hugs:

aw, it's just you smell so delicious! It's very common. And a good excuse to escape off for a bath sometimes. And it doesn't last.

i still sometimes feel like this.
i feel down sometimes but then it does come in handy sometimes to like when she has a bath, i know she feels more secure with him holding her while i wash her cos he has bigger hands so would feel more secure i suppose.

xxxx

My midwife told me that often Dads can calm babies down easier than mums, that because they see mum as a food source and the smell of food can agitate them.

I can sympathise as today Jack cried and was miserable all day, but has been much better since daddy has come home.
x
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back