My baby has 2 bumholes!!!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Cat_pj, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Cat_pj

Cat_pj Well-Known Member

Well it turns out its a sacral dimple and she might need a scan. I showed it to the HV and I've booked an appointment with the GP. She says its genetic? Anyone else have any experience of this??

2. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

I've never heard of it, hope your LO is OK.

I'm sorry but your thread title made me giggle :rofl:

3. PepsiChic

PepsiChic mummy of 2 boys!

most babys have it, i believe its linked to spina biffida but im not 100% sure. my LO has one and the doctor said they normally go away by 12 months...my Lo still has his so at his 12 month app im going to ask about it.

here is some info:

4. PepsiChic

PepsiChic mummy of 2 boys!

and some more info:

5. skydragonfly

skydragonfly Well-Known Member

My friends little newborn was born with one. She has just had a scan to check for kidney problems as apparently they are common with this. Little baby is absolutely fine though. Hope yours is too. xxxx Hugs xxx

6. Cat_pj

Cat_pj Well-Known Member

Yeah I chose a deliberately provocative title to the thread so I knew people would read it :haha: if I wrote "sacral dimple" I thought I'd get no replies!

Thank you every one! xx

7. JenJen79

JenJen79 Well-Known Member

I've got one and its never caused any problems (i'm 31 now)! x

8. lauren10

lauren10 1 DD, 1 angel & pregnant!

My lo has one, possibly because she's missing her coccyx (tail bone). They did an ultrasound on her spine and sacrum, and everything else is normal. It won't affect her at all!

9. starangel27

starangel27 Well-Known Member

i always wondered what this was my lo has 1 and my sister whos 24 also dones.

10. hopefulmama2b

hopefulmama2b Angel Mama

My neice has this and was told that she has spina bifida occulta. THey said it's actually fairly common and most people don't even know they have it until later in life. For example- when they go to have a baby and an epidural and things are not quite in the right spot. Not a big deal though!!

11. blondey

blondey Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about it hun, but I just wanted to send some :hugs: to my Essex home girl.

Let me know how you and Beth get on though hun.

xx

PS I saw your OH the otherday when he was at work, I kept staring at him as I couldn't remember when I recognised him from at first so he probably thought I was some crazy lady with a pram!
    x

12. Cat_pj

Cat_pj Well-Known Member

You saw my OH? Haha! He has one of those faces as well, people always think they know him! In fact I was in Harlow on Monday it was the first time I'd ever been there, I looked out for you on the off chance! xx

13. Amy_T

Amy_T Mummy of 3 gorgeous girls

Ooh I think my baby has one too! It was never given a name though. She had some issues when I was pregnant/when she was first born so at one of her check ups with the doctor when she was about 3 months old they noticed it. The doc examining her got a more experienced colleague and he had a look, checked how deep it was and said it wasn't a problem and just to keep it clean as it could house lots of bacteria.

14. bbyno1

bbyno1 Well-Known Member

I have one and so does LO?
    Should i be getting hers checked then?

15. supertabby

supertabby Well-Known Member

My mum has a sacral dimple, so do I, and so does Isobel... we definitely prove the hereditary theory correct lol! Isobel has a consultant appointment at 12 weeks to check its sealed off inside (as it wasn't possible to see when she was smaller).

It's never posed a problem for me or my mum, and so far Isobel seems fine and her legs are strong. So hopefully hers will be nothing to worry about.

I'm careful to clean it though, just as you would with other folds and nooks and crannys where dirt and bacteria can build up.

16. Rose_bud

Rose_bud Well-Known Member

Matthew has 1, we had an ultrasound done on it at birth and it's all fine. We do tick a lot of the boxes that suggest it's something more serious though which is why they were so concerned.

17. Kel127

Kel127 Mommy to Connor & Rowan

Connor has one too! He had an ultrasound at birth and everything is fine.

18. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

Both my kids have them. Otter's is more pronounced than DK's. Several doctors have looked at them, none have ever been worried. Their development has been just fine. :thumbup:

19. 2016

2016 Mummy and Preggo with #2!

Me too...didn't even realise it could be a problem! :shrug:

20. pinklizzy

pinklizzy Mummy to two little bears

I've got one and so has LO-it's never caused me any problems and LO had an x-ray of her pelvis to check her hips as she was breech and it all looked normal.