My baby inventory... Yes I am a control freak.

Your list looks like mine except I don't think I'm quite so organised as yet. I've been too busy cleaning to start sorting stuff out for baby (nesting big time here too!).

I think you have enough though lol - I would also say Lanisoh. I have never BF'd but was given some little sample packs when Eddy was born and was told to use them on his bottom when he got newborn rash (as they all get) and it worked amazingly well and I full intend to get a small bottle ready for this one.

I still have pretty much EVERYTHING from my other 2. The only things I gave away were the newborn clothes and I'm umming and ahhing about re-buying them as I have a feeling this is going to be another goliath baby in which case I wont need them. However, my over-organised self will probably get at least a small amount closer to the time.

Iv noticed with a some of stores now they are selling first size and then up to 1 month then 0-3 months. I was shocked as back when I had my 2 there were only 2 sizes newborn and 0-3 months. I know tescos and next do this. I refusing to buy the first size however as I know hes going to be a big ish boy. My DS was 8lb14 and im measuring big on this one by 3 weeks... soo...
Are just get a pack of vests and packs of sleep suits just incase :)X

Eddy was 10lb14 and didn't even entertain the NB sizes. He went straight into 0-3m and even they didn't last him until he was 1m lol. :dohh:

I was going to look on ebay and get a started set off there 2nd hand. I only really need sleepers as vests and over-things like cardigans are a lot more forgiving on a smaller baby, but sleepers look silly and I should imagine are a bit uncomfortable if they're way over-sized. Will probably get 6 sleepers and maybe a couple of little vests/rompers if I can stretch. Really want to get nighties - I wanted them for my other 2 but never splashed out. You know the sleepers that are open at the bottom with like a drawstring/elastic.

You sound like me lol... you seem to have everything down... nipple cream boppy pillow I just ordered... I honestly didnt buy bottles as im very determined to make bf work this time:)

Aww I really want to breast feed too. :) I want to give it a good go this time, but theres a worry in the back of my mind, ' what if I dont produce enough milk? What if hes really hungry (hes measuring 3 weeks ahead so if hes a big baby will the first few days of colostrum be enough?) I didnt produce enough milk for DD and she was only 7lb4 and midwives didnt help, (had bad experiences), so put her straight on formula. :) are do you take your boppy pillow in hosp with you?X

Im not taking mine with me... I hope I can bf this time... I think I just gave up too early w my first...this time im making it work lol...hope it works out for you too!:)

If you both really want to breastfeed this time, I'd say keep in mind that often it can look like its not working for a few days but you'll still be fine in the end. Milk takes a while to come in and mum and baby need to learn to latch properly. But after two weeks it works for the vast majority of mums, if they haven't given up. I say this, because I think people/midwives/doctors are often far too quick to tell you to switch if its hard. I'm not saying being stressed for two weeks is great but to me it was so much better than regretting giving up and feeling like a failure (I'm NOT saying anyone is, I'm saying I would have felt like one) for the rest of my life. I know people just want to make things easier for mums but I honestly think it's much easier to persevere just a few days more, because in 97% of cases, it will work out eventually.
It's normal for babies to lose some weight in their first few days btw, anything under 10% of their body weight isn't even mentioned.
I hope that didn't sound scary. What I'm trying to say is, you absolutely can do it, just trust yourself and your baby and know that it's normal for things to take around 2 weeks to fall into place. Just because it looks hopeless on day 4 does not mean it's not going to work out in the end.

:thumbup: Thank you :) this is really good advice. :) And Im definetly going to try and plough through the month without giving up this time. OH already knows that he is taking over everything... kids entertaining, school runs, meals and cleaning, so I can get this nailed down this time. :)
And I have all the lovely mums on here if I have any concerns with BF :)xx

Your list looks like mine except I don't think I'm quite so organised as yet. I've been too busy cleaning to start sorting stuff out for baby (nesting big time here too!).

I think you have enough though lol - I would also say Lanisoh. I have never BF'd but was given some little sample packs when Eddy was born and was told to use them on his bottom when he got newborn rash (as they all get) and it worked amazingly well and I full intend to get a small bottle ready for this one.

I still have pretty much EVERYTHING from my other 2. The only things I gave away were the newborn clothes and I'm umming and ahhing about re-buying them as I have a feeling this is going to be another goliath baby in which case I wont need them. However, my over-organised self will probably get at least a small amount closer to the time.

Iv noticed with a some of stores now they are selling first size and then up to 1 month then 0-3 months. I was shocked as back when I had my 2 there were only 2 sizes newborn and 0-3 months. I know tescos and next do this. I refusing to buy the first size however as I know hes going to be a big ish boy. My DS was 8lb14 and im measuring big on this one by 3 weeks... soo...
Are just get a pack of vests and packs of sleep suits just incase :)X

Eddy was 10lb14 and didn't even entertain the NB sizes. He went straight into 0-3m and even they didn't last him until he was 1m lol. :dohh:

I was going to look on ebay and get a started set off there 2nd hand. I only really need sleepers as vests and over-things like cardigans are a lot more forgiving on a smaller baby, but sleepers look silly and I should imagine are a bit uncomfortable if they're way over-sized. Will probably get 6 sleepers and maybe a couple of little vests/rompers if I can stretch. Really want to get nighties - I wanted them for my other 2 but never splashed out. You know the sleepers that are open at the bottom with like a drawstring/elastic.

Wow 10lb14 :) xxx not so little born and I thought Dylan was huge :) Aww its gutting, when they skip nb sizes and youve bought loads. I havent bought as much clothing as I did with Sadie and Dylan, but I think thats done to learning from past mistakes, and gave loads away with tags on. The only thing I do worry about the most is vests and sleepsuits. :) xxx xx Oh i think Iv heard of the nighties but havent really seen them out and about shopping. :) Are they expensive?

I've really kept things minimal since this is my 3rd baby.

We are using my daughters crib when he transitions into his shared room with his sister. They are also sharing her dresser and closet space and I am using the same rocking chair, changing table and wipe warmer.

Ermmm....got to ask....what's a wipe warmer? :blush:

It's a little device/container that keeps your wipes warm. They don't seem to be very popular on this board but I have used one with both of my kids and love it!

We are using my daughters crib when he transitions into his shared room with his sister. They are also sharing her dresser and closet space and I am using the same rocking chair, changing table and wipe warmer.

It's a little device/container that keeps your wipes warm. They don't seem to be very popular on this board but I have used one with both of my kids and love it!

I don't think I've ever seen on/heard of one before. Maybe it's not a UK thing. Got to admit that in the middle of the night, in the middle of winter, a cold wipe is the last thing I really want to use on my child lol.

I don't think I've ever seen on/heard of one before. Maybe it's not a UK thing. Got to admit that in the middle of the night, in the middle of winter, a cold wipe is the last thing I really want to use on my child lol.

I second this! :) wish we had some in the uk x

You can get wipe warmers over here iv seen them on amazon and another site...but baby brain wont let me remember what it was :(

You can get wipe warmers over here iv seen them on amazon and another site...but baby brain wont let me remember what it was :(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prince-Lio...F8&qid=1371448344&sr=1-2&keywords=wipe+warmer

Found them! :) Im shocked. I thought they would have dried out the wet wipe :S or am I being a bit silly. They seem a bit pricey for what they do through. x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prince-Lio...F8&qid=1371448344&sr=1-2&keywords=wipe+warmer

Found them! :) Im shocked. I thought they would have dried out the wet wipe :S or am I being a bit silly. They seem a bit pricey for what they do through. x

The wipe on the bottom will dry out, if there for a long time. They are fantastic when baby is young, and the cold wipe to the privates makes baby scream. Once my son was older and did not care as much I gave it to a friend. I forgot to add, mine had a handy nightlight too.

The wipe on the bottom will dry out, if there for a long time. They are fantastic when baby is young, and the cold wipe to the privates makes baby scream. Once my son was older and did not care as much I gave it to a friend. I forgot to add, mine had a handy nightlight too.

silly question, do you just take the wipes out of the packet? what sort of wipes do you use?X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->