My baby is asleep upstairs... ON HIS OWN!

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
I have never been so delighted!

Milo has spent 24/7 attached to me since he was born. He would only nap in the ergo and it took about 20 minutes of jiggling around to get him to go to sleep each time. It was exhausting and left me little time for my toddler.

Today DH and I decided to try and change it. We put him in his grobag, made our bedroom as dark as possible and held his arms tight by his sides and put a hand over his eyes.

It took about 10 minutes and he's slept for about an hour and a half!

So relieved to have a bit of a break!

This gives me hope! I currently have a heavy 5 monther fast asleep in my arms!

Yay! My 19 month old has never done this!

That's fantastic!! I've read your posts and know Lo loves his mummy loads....but it must be great to have a little time to have a cuppa or spend time with your other Lo. Hope this continues for you :flower:

Yay well done Milo! (and mummy&daddy of course)

Similar story for us, phoebe drifted off to sleep on her own last night! Watching her light show. I normally have to feed her to sleep or hubby rocks her

I am absolutely shocked that it worked! He took another nap later on too upstairs, that one was only about 40 minutes unfortunately but I'm really pleased, it's massive progress for him.

The only thing that's throwing me off though is that now I don't know if he's waking up because he's hungry or not. Usually he wakes for a feed and then stays awake for an hour or so but now he could be waking because he's not on me so it's a little hard to judge.

That's great w8ing4bean! How wonderful that she just drifted off like that.

I was amazed! You never know, maybe they've hit 3 months and settled down a bit x

thats great news!!! Even the 40 min nap! anything just for a break xx

Thats brilliant!

Ill be putting Mia in her own room (or mine) in a few weeks for a nap and try and use a music thing to help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->