My baby is confirmed a boy and my birth story

LuvBeingAMum

MuMto3Pink&Expecting
Reaction score
Hi ladies so the few days leading up to labour i started by the sunday before eating an extremely hot curry, (writing this as i was desperate to know what could help start me off when your waiting them last few days) some pineapple i bathed in hot clary sage bath every night, and walked a good half hr a day, then the few days before hand i did get dull aches in my lower back mainly in the evening, felt like i was about to start my period in the next couple of days, woke up the day after and nothing but later that day the same thing again, the day after that was the wed, it was my daughters end of school play at the grand theatre on stage with other yr 6 students from other schools, it was lovely and emotional:cry: my baby growing up and going to high school...anyway i explain this as it could have been the emotions that helped? My baby daddy sister went into labour the night before after she laughed so much at the new bridesmaids movie, and had her baby the same day as i had mine, also my friends daughter popped a balloon TWICE giving me blooming heart attack, my nan drove over bumps on the way home....so labour i was sat watching the show and all the time i noticed my tightenings (Braxton hicks) becoming a bit stronger than the usual and very noticeable all the way through i ignored them but hoped that this coupled with the period feeling and niggly back was the start:thumbup:
So 2 hrs later we had the bumpy ride home i got this feeling of nausea as my gran dropped me and the kids home the wed night, i got in and threw up in the bathroom quite bad completley emptying my stomach...i got my 3 girls in bed and decided to lay down and come on b and b:winkwink:
So the contractions were getting achier i started to moniter them on the contraction calculater which is great btw, they were coming every few mins, but not regularly, i decided to have a bath with clary sage oil and made it hot....got out and went to the loo got a show, contactions becoming intense but not too bad can cope, try to get some sleep but let my nan and mum know, cant sleep so nan comes round about 6 with my grandad who will be looking after my girls and taking them to school, and i never slept, mum comes we get my bag and off to hospital we go....get there and straight down to delivery suite i was checked and was 4cm:shrug:, so go up on labour ward for couple of hrs and my baby daddy turns up i wasnt sure if i would want him in with me but said you can come along ither way and see how it goes, after pacing up and down the halls of labour ward trying to keep my contractions going 2hrs later decide i want back down to delivery suite, midwife in charge says stick it out little longer you dont seem in too much comfort:growlmad: gave it 10 mins then demanded i go down lol, so not like me, but the pain was getting unbearable already, down we go and get checked after half hr to find still 4 cm:growlmad::growlmad:
The midwife gives me a sweep OUCH and goes off her shift, 6hrs later i had to have pethidine bacause the gas and air just wasnt working well enough this time for me:cry: that wore off and 6hrs later was checked again and 6cm :shrug: pethidine wore off decided i need something stronger and ask for something else, theres a new drug out called remi or remo or something similar, and you press the button on this thing you have control of when you start to feel the beginning of the contraction, the effects are immediate and great:haha: but if you miss the contraction and press it like i did a few times you feel the whole thing :cry: i was almost in tears waiting for the yellow light to show me it was ready to press again! Soo with my mum, nan, and baby daddy in the room i was checked again and hr later and was time to push, 1hour and half later my baby boy entered the world all 9lb 8oz of him:happydance::thumbup::happydance: i delivered doggy style and it went much quicker this way than on my back (i was monitered with fetal moniter on my stomach all way through my labour because of previous section so couldnt move about a lot which i feel slowed me down) had a 15 min cuddle and showered went back up to the labour ward.......sorry i am not great at writing, but this is just basically a stage by stage as it happened, also i will mention that my contractions never became regular all throughout till the very end when i delevered and they were coming every 1min and too fast for remi/rimo w/e to work........good luck ladies with your pregnancys and i am off to read up on breastfeeding when i have a next moment, baby waking though now :hugs::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Also i mention he was confirmed boy because at 17 weeks i went for a private gender scan, and was told a girl, then my 20week anonoly scan was told a boy!! So went back to private gender scan demanding to be checked again, they also confirmed boy, though i was always 10% unsure.......till i saw him he is all boy xx

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. Its lovely to have the summer holidays to settle into a routine of sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->