My baby keeps being sick all the time...

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
It's over a month since we started weaning Chaise. We started him on baby rice (which he hated) and progressed to pureed fruit and veg.
I also put him on follow on milk as he is having 3, sometimes 4 bottles a day. But he's started being really sick, and has soooooooo much wind. He also has very watered down apple juice through the day, probably amounting to 3 floz.
Now I'm not really sure what the problem is as its a bit complicated than it looks. He was on SMA staydown as he was suffering from gastric reflux. We used doctor Browns bottles and the Y cut teats. Therefore, hes got used to the milk coming out really fast. When I started him with the follow on milk I started using number 3 teats but he screams because it doesn't come out fast enough! But he chokes with the Y teats cus it comes out too fast! I thought he would calm down with it but he's still doing this after 2 weeks!

Also, could it be a food I've given him thats making him like this? He doesn't have any gluten, and only pure fruit and veg. I'm thinking about just giving him potato and apple for a bit to see if his stomach settles.

I was wondering if anyone else's baby has done this or if anyone has any advice?

When we started weaning Aaron on fruit and vegetable purees, he developed severe reflux that made him really ill. Our doctor said it could be an immature digestive system or that some babies just find being spoon-fed too stressful. In his case, she suggested taking him off the purees and giving him finger foods only.

Offering one type of puree for a few days sounds like a good idea, it might help you work out whether it's his food or his milk that is causing the sickness. Can't really help on the milk front I'm afraid as I know nothing about formula feeding, but I hope Chaise's sickness improves soon!

Hiya alex is 1/12 older than chaise.

Funnily enough i have spoken to health visitor today as since i stopped breast feeding alex and put him on formula 6 weeks ago he loves his solids and is off milk but he has milk at bedtime and at about 0300 ish from about 5am he is crying and screaming in his sleep and i cant do anything with him until he projectile vomits everywhere!! His nappies have also got terribly smelly and so much of it.

My hv said he does not know what is the problem - try giving him 4 oz bottles more frequently and if no better try infasoy but i have scared myself on the internet about that!!
Will try less volume and see how he goes.

those with gastric issues are sometimes irritated by solid food at his age, especially fruit.
I would cut right back on his solids, definately back on the fruit and up his milk intake again. I apologise that I dont know much about formula but if what he was on before was working could you not go back to that for another month or two seeing as hes not yet 6 months old?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->