my baby might be breech

katek

Reaction score
I went in for my ob checkup last week and the dr said that she should have dropped by now. He said she was eather very high up, breech or traverse. I am scheduled for an ultrasound this Thursay and if she is breech or traverse he said they could try to move her. I have read that this is risky and I've also read that if you've had more than 1 pregnancy the abby often does not drop until delivery time. I'm sure she is head down and has jsut not dropped, but a little worried too. Has anyone else experienced this befor. I am scared of a c-section.

I replied on your other thread. Was probably no help though. I was going to ask how far you are but anita665 has done that already.

I am 36 weeks along. I'm hoping she will be head down at my ultrasound. The consensus I get so far is not to let them turn her. It does help to get others opinions and support.

My nan had one of her babies turned. That was way, way back though. She had no pain relief atall. She said she'd never wish that on anyone.

they can turn them or u can deliver vaginally i cant see why u would need a c section as it is only 1

You can also try laying an ironing board between the floor and the couch cushion and laying on it upside down. That can help turn them. Do a google search for natural ways to turn breech baby. My BF had to do it and it worked for her.

A friend of mine had a baby in the breech position and her midwife told her to clean the kitchen floor (on her hands and knees - not with a mop!) and that did the trick.

You still have a few weeks, babies seem to know what they are doing better than we give them credit for... I wouldn't be surprised if they turned all by themself.

Still got plenty of time to turn.

First of all don't worry, if you have had a baby before then subsequent babies tend to engage later and so might still turn. There is some evidence that those positonal tricks may shift some babies so probably worth a try. If they do suggest turning the baby (ECV or external cephaloversion) you have to go into hospital, they may give you a drug to relax the uterus and then they try to disengage the breech and make it do a somersault! There are 1 or 2 risks - that is why they do it in hospital (risk of placental abruption i think) but generally very safe if a bit uncomfortable- they usually monitor the baby throughout with CTG/ultrasound. Notorious for not working though or for baby to undo it as soon as you get home! You can deliver a breech naturally - it is controversial whether or not it is riskier than a C-section. The most important thing is if you decide to go for natural that you have a midwife with experiece of doing them and obstetric backup. There is a good chance they will have to use forceps as well as the head is the bit that gets stuck because it hasn't dilated the cervix properly.

I would try not to worry about it too much - breech babies are common esp. at 36 weeks and there is still a good chance it will turn on its own. Discuss all your options with your midwife and see what she thinks!

If you have had a baby before you can try and deliver breech. I've heard doctors state it is safe to attempt vaginal delivery if you have had a baby before but they won't try if you haven't had a baby before.

That info helped alot, very informative. I guess there is no point in worrying. Eather way as long as my little girl is ok-alls well. Cant wait to hold her. She's my 4th. I have 3 boys age 12-22, got remarried last year and we decided to ahve one. It's my husbands 1st. Very exciting!!!! Thanks to everyone for imput!!!!!

I hope they let you try natural, do some research on it! Education is the best answer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->