My baby might have chickenpox :(

Emma11511

Julian's mummy
Reaction score
he had some spots come up last night so we called nhs direct, they said to call out of hours, so we called them and they said to ring back this morning, and when we spoke to them today they think it might be chickenpox, but they're not sure so I asked them to send someone out and they should be coming in the next few hours.

They started on his arms but today they've started creeping up to his face, and he's got a few on his legs and chest. His face is starting to look really bad :( he's a bit more sleepy than usual, he's asleep with me on the sofa at the moment. Feel so sorry for him :(

Poor little mite... I hope you get an answer as to what those spots are. Has he had a fever at all?

Chicken pox rash is really distinctive. Try googling it to see if the spots look right. They should be red spots with fluid filled blisters in the middle.

The doctors have just been. They said it could potentially be the beginning of chickenpox, or it may be a viral rash as he's had a bit of a cold lately. We've gotta see how they are tomorrow. They're small blisters t the moment, so we've just gotta wait it out an see if they get bigger or erupt or anything x

Aww poor Julian <3 hope he feels much better soon xx

Jack had a viral rash with a nasty cough and cold and it was more like light red and not raised. Not sure if blisters sounds viral.... But whatever it is I hope it leaves him alone soon!

Thanks girls. He literally has no other symptoms apart from being a bit more sleepy. He's not upset, no fever, still taking his food and milk and having wet nappies etc. He just wants cuddles bless him.

Just an update- been to the doctors this morning, and he has got chickenpox :( they're starting to blister too, looks really nasty bless him. You wouldn't think a routine things that 9/10 have had would make you so upset, but I guess when it comes to your own child, anything is heartbreaking!

:hugs: I know it won't seem it but its better to have it so young. Try to not let him be too warm and some calamine lotion if very itchy....just check with pharmacist not sure if there's an age on it xxx

Poor Julian, hope he's better soon! :hugs:
Think positively though - this should be the last time he'll ever have them!

Yeah he's doing well. He doesnt seem itchy at all, just a bit sleepier than usual. I'm glad he's coping well though.

Btw, that picture of Teagan is beautiful! <3

stock up on Aqueous Camomile Cream. Much better than the lotion.

Both of mine had Chicken Pox over Xmas & New Year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->