My baby won't settle

slummymummy

Reaction score
Hi, please can anyone give me any advise or reasurance on the following, i'm starting to tear my hair out.

My son Harry is 4 months old and has just started sleeping through from 9pm until 7am. however from this week he has started slamming his legs down on the base of the cot, and being really restless. He is asleep when he is doing this but wakes himself up, it is also waking my husband and I up. He started at 01.20am this morning and only slept soundly when in our bed. :sleep:

We have tried putting him in a gro bag and tonight i was going to try him in his travel cot to see if that would make a difference.

Has anyone had any similar problems with sudden restlessness or leg slamming and if so what can i do about it.

Please help x

Sorry no advice but im sure one of the others will have some for you.

Hope you get it sorted soon :)

prehaps you could try swaddling him itll keep his arms and legs all tucked in nice and he wont beable to kick them around and wake himself up xx

You could try swaddling him. He may have just discovered what he can do with his legs and is practicing in his sleep....annoying but it does happen, usually tapers off in a week or two if that's the case

Yeah swaddling is what i was going to suggest. Or maybe try him on his side, maybe he is uncomfy on his back in the night. I know when every jacob wakes in the night i put him on alternative sides so he isnt in the same postition all night xxX

If swaddling doesnt work for Harry (Max hated it!) perhaps you could use a thin sheet over his gro bag tucked into each side of the matress so that he is kept snug?

when my wee girl had a phase like this, it turned out it was cos of trapped wind or colic.
maybe try him with a wee drop of infacol and see how he does?

:hug:

At 4 months they do statr moving lots... and like vickie said he may be practicing something? Jasmine moves around lots too.... she rotates in he bed though lol, so I cant tuck her in anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->