My baby's head size at 34 weeks?! Is it too big?!! Please help :'(

Hayleselina

Reaction score
Hi :) I'm now 36 weeks with my first baby, I was looking at the measurements of my baby from my 34 week scan today and noticed that the "biparietal diameter" was way above average and at the top of the |---.---| scale at 93.0mm!!... Does this mean she will have an abnormally large head?! Please reply, anyone who can relate or compare please I'm very worried :'( :'( bearing in mind that her head circumfrence is just about average?? Many thanks for reading!... First time worried mummy x

Do not worry!!!!!
I posted earlier my baby's head is off the 97th centile.
my baby's BPD is 4 weeks larger than normal!
BPD is the width of the head not the circumference. Do you know what the circumference is, that is more important. The BPD can change, my first sons was measuring 2 weeks bigger and his head is fine.
My baby's head circumference at 34 weeks is 338mm, bloody huge!!!

Thank u so much really has put my mind at ease!! Yeah her head circumfrence was only just above average measuring at 318mm.. Not too worried about the pain, as horrible and materialistic as it sounds, you dream of having the most beautiful baby in ur arms (of corse she will be to me anyway) and was worried shed come out looking like a moomin lol x

Haha.I had a scan at 32 weeks and babys abdominal circumference is measuring way above average where as all other measurements are average or just below,maybe everything else will catch up and even out,OH family are joking that she will come out with a beer belly like Daddy lol
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->