My Beautiful Birth Story!!

Samaraj

Aidans Mum and #2 cooking
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I finally have some time to post my birth story.

On my due date the 3rd of January my partner, MIL and I went out for lunch and to see a movie, all day I was uncomfortable, irritated and just feeling Yuk.... I thought that this was all because I was 40 weeks pregnant lol.

After the movie we decided to go pram hunting as this was the last thing we needed to buy before bub was born and my MIL was buying it for us and had only arrived two days prior.

On our way home it was 5:15pm when I turned to my MIL and said I still have 7 hours until my due date is passed and I would be happy to just go into labour on my due date even if he wasn't born until tomorrow.....We just laughed and said "Well you never know".

We got home and I changed into my pyjamas. I went and sat on the lounge whilst my partner put the pram up so we could look at it, this was all around 6:15pm as he was un-doing the box I noticed my hands were a bit swollen and decided to take my jewellery off and lent across to put them on my lamp table next to the lounge when I felt a "clunk" and as I sat back up straight I felt a gush of fluid and thought "Shit i've wet myself" but lent to the side again and sat back up and another little gush....With that I sprung up off the lounge and could still feel a slow trickle and just looked at my MIL all wide eyed.....Unsure whether I should say something just incase I had wet myself I realised I couldn't control the fluid I whispered to her I thought my water broke. She then called out to my partner who went into a panic hehehe!!

So I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself up and put on a pad and called L&D who said it sounded as if my water had broke and could I come in, By this stage all I had was slight back pain. When I stood up after talking to the midwife I felt another small gush (I lost fluid in small gushes for hours). I went to the bathroom again to check and this time I KNEW it was my waters as it was stained pink.

We were in the car by 6:30pm and my contractions started...They weren't very painful to start, but were every 3 minutes lasting for about 50 seconds.

Once we got to the hospital they did an internal exam and I was only 2 1/2cm dilated at 7:30 - They left me in a room in the fetal assessment centre until shift change when I entered second stage and they did another internal and I was only 3cm at 9pm......

By now I was in a lot of pain and they tried to give me gas and it was horrible!

I asked for a bath, and they finally moved me to L&D so I could have a bath, by 11pm I asked for a shot of morphine which didn't help and had a bad reaction which made me sleep in between each contraction and I felt really really sick.

At about 12:30 I asked for another shot of morphine as it had worn off (I was still sleeping in between contractions though) and they wouldn't give it to me as they thought I was going to deliver within 2 hours.......this time I was happy for anything to help and the gas would have to do......

At 1am the bath was cold and I wanted new water so I moved into the shower while the MW refilled the bath with hot water, before I was allowed back in the bath she did another exam to find I was 6cm.

At 2:45am I was asked to get out of the bath as the MW guessed I was close to fully dilated and they finally got me out and all I remember was being freezing. They did another internal at 3am and I was fully dilated and they asked me to push.

After an hour of pushing I was screaming that something was wrong.....and I was just told to keep pushing....

After another hour of constant pushing the MW paged a doctor who came in and did an internal to find that the babies head wasn't facing up or down it was facing sideways and this is why my waters were gushing in small amounts as his head was blocking it... The doctor told me I had to have an epidural and then try again for another hour and see if he would turn around or I would need a C-Section, By this stage I begged for the C-Section there and then and they wouldn't so I welcomed the epidural alot hehe....

I got an hours rest once the Epidural kicked in when the contractions started to be painful again as they didn't top me up as they should due to another shift change when I had a FANTASTIC MW take over who fixed my epidural and allowed me to do patient top-up. I tried for another hour at pushing with no luck, so the MW paged the doctor who was now doing their shift change so after 30 minutes of waiting for the doctor and more pushing she decided to do another internal and just quietly said I may need an assisted delivery but just in case she would measure me for stocking, get a gown ready and take off my nail polish in case I needed a C-Section..... An hour later a Doctor came in (finally!!!!) and done another internal and baby hadn't moved and this was now 6/7 hours of pushing (including the hour break I was given) he wasn't even low enough for the vacuum (baby was in no distress at all thank god!!!) so they decided an emergency C-Section was needed so the doctor scheduled me in for 15 minutes time and up to theatre I went...

My partner was taken to get all his things on while they gave my the spinal block via my epidural. Still contraction the anaesthetist told me during a contraction it was going to be one of the last ones I was going to feel.....If I could of moved my legs I would of kissed him.

I was wheeled into theatre and my partner came in and at 9:52am Aidan Brian Hepplewhite was born Via C-Section weighing 8lb 3oz.

We are both doing well and I am recovering well.

Unfortunately my milk never came in so I can't BF I did try for 10 days but bubs was to distressed. Apart from that we are doing great :D

Aww well done, he is absolutley gorgeous. He looks so alert and clever what a lovely littleman xx

wow im tired out just reading that! well done he is beautiful!

Aw congrats, I had a similar thing in that Holly got stuck in birth canal so I had to have emergency c section. He is gorgeous! x

well done sounds like you had a rather stressful delivery but the end product is absolutley gorgeous!!!!

Awww he's just beautiful. Congratulations.xxx

Wow you did amazing hun. Congratulations, he's gorgeous. x

geez, some birth story, well done.

congratulations on a very handsome boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g